Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 07-23-2018, 12:33 PM   #61
haljordan99
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

So does anyone else feel like this guy should be bigger? I would prefer him to be an inch taller than the other statues and then probably have Darkseid be 2 inches taller. Or maybe Steppenwolf should be 14 inches (which would make him 7 feet) and Darkseid should be 16 inches (8 feet).
haljordan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 08:37 PM   #62
George Clark
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by haljordan99 View Post
So does anyone else feel like this guy should be bigger? I would prefer him to be an inch taller than the other statues and then probably have Darkseid be 2 inches taller. Or maybe Steppenwolf should be 14 inches (which would make him 7 feet) and Darkseid should be 16 inches (8 feet).

Was thinking the same thing...hard to say, but it appears all of these characters are about the same size. I have to caveat by saying that I am still awaiting those that I ordered, so I can't compare size. Martian Manhunter should be 14" himself. Hope they get Darkseid right, at the very least
George Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 08:54 AM   #63
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 12:03 PM   #64
Rexdriver
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
This line is based on classic characters, and if I’m not wrong the early depictions of Steppenwolf and even Darkseid were not much bigger than your average human.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	98734E00-C7C6-4132-B20D-5C84DDDA5BF4.jpeg
Views:	28
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	115539  
Rexdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 12:51 PM   #65
haljordan99
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexdriver View Post
This line is based on classic characters, and if I’m not wrong the early depictions of Steppenwolf and even Darkseid were not much bigger than your average human.
Well it will be a bummer if we get an average sized Darkseid. I'll probably just get the Justice League then drop the line if that happens. The Darkseid PF was what started me down the road of selling off my 1/4 collection. This line may not be for me as I don't care about classic versions of Zatanna or Catwoman either.
Old 07-25-2018, 01:09 PM   #66
Rexdriver
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Well it will be a bummer if we get an average sized Darkseid. I'll probably just get the Justice League then drop the line if that happens. The Darkseid PF was what started me down the road of selling off my 1/4 collection. This line may not be for me as I don't care about classic versions of Zatanna or Catwoman either.
Well you never know. Batman and Robin appear to be oversized based on classic versions..
Rexdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 01:56 PM   #67
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Chad has already stated that characters like Darkseid that are oversized will be priced a little higher. It was a discussion about keeping the prices reasonable for the statues. So I don't think you'll have an undersized darkseid.

Scroll down through this set of answers
http://www.statueforum.com/showpost....&postcount=102
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 03:00 PM   #68
haljordan99

That makes me feel better, thanks.
Old 07-25-2018, 06:25 PM   #69
George Clark
Justice League

Also, I guess I should state that whatever size this piece is...I can't take away from the fact that it is a beautiful piece!
George Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 08:19 AM   #70
Bob Morton
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexdriver View Post
You are right. The hulls sized Darkseid only happened much later on. He used to be normal sized.
Bob Morton is offline   Reply With Quote