Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 02-10-2019, 11:38 AM   #111
Devo
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Very nice pics promoting this statue , but with reports of Darth maul breakages, I'm concerned with potential for damage when I receive this piece next year. This is one seriously intricate statue.
Having a European licence for Alien, hopefully XMs EU arm will be keen to provide me with any replacement parts should that eventuality arise.
Devo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 02:28 PM   #112
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devo View Post
Very nice pics promoting this statue , but with reports of Darth maul breakages, I'm concerned with potential for damage when I receive this piece next year. This is one seriously intricate statue.
Having a European licence for Alien, hopefully XMs EU arm will be keen to provide me with any replacement parts should that eventuality arise.
If your within their licensed area you shouldn't have any issues with replacements other then the fact XM makes all replacement parts from scratch so you would probably have to wait several months before you got them...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 02:50 AM   #113
StatueCollectin
Doh!

Any inside info on what factory will be painting these?

I have faith in XM quality control but the paint app on this statue really needs to be done by the best factory possible.
StatueCollectin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 01:16 PM   #114
Lmgoes
Doh!

I don't know. I really don't. Let's start with what I really like about this piece. It's big, it's dynamic, and it brings memories of the biomechanical concept created by Gigger, which is great. But...for the hefty price tag you also get a cat that's poorly painted (just look at the paws and the nose, and please let's not be condescendent here...for a 2000 euro piece, regardless of it being kept well out of sight for the most part, its paint job looks terribly lacking in detail, not on par with my expectations at least). The alien's inner mouth/jaw/whatever you wanna call it, looks cartoonish (in one head is weirdly fat, while in the extended one, the detail is again very lacking, and it's not because it's suppose to look more organic; compare it to dog alien's inner mouth and you'll imediately notice the difference in detail which is absurd). And why putting an alien stepping on another? It just makes it look clumsy in a dynamic pose such as this one. Why not put them side to side? Finally, the piece count...why did they cap it at 500 instead of 300? That will only mean a more mass produced piece for a similar production timeline, which means less time spent painting each individual piece. I waited years to see someone finally coming with a proper dynamic pose of aliens, and yes, this is the best one I've ever seen so far, and yet it's not cutting for me. My heart is broken. I love it...and hate it.
Lmgoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 03:43 AM   #115
equi-nox76
Alpha Flight

Impressive paintjob and size, if those are delivered like the prototype it's a grail.

​​​​​​​

Chris
equi-nox76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 10:21 AM   #116
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Pictures from Ang Seng

"Final inspection on Alien engineer work... power!!!", Ang Seng.

XM Studios Premium Collectibles Facebook

GHeroes European Master Distributor Facebook

GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 11:14 PM   #117
Matson1984
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Thanks for those. Can't wait to get this. One of the best looking Alien statues iv seen. I just home the paint app lives up to the quality of the sculp for the production versions.
Matson1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 04:42 AM   #118
Devo

Has it been confirmed we are getting two Aliens type domes as in original pics? (My preference)
Or one Alien Big chap dome and one Aliens type dome?

Can anyone comment? In the above pics it looks like we are getting 3 domes, which would be ideal.
Old 08-13-2019, 07:44 AM   #119
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

The base Alien comes with one head and the big one above with 2 heads.
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 01:25 PM   #120
Devo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post
The base Alien comes with one head and the big one above with 2 heads.
Thanks for confirming.