Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics > The Mighty Reviews

Old 07-15-2005, 09:33 AM   #21
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

I'm still catching up on two weeks worth of comics, but just read New Avengers last night. Must say, it was quite a let down from all the prior issues. The consortium at the very beginning actually is a very cool idea. In all the decades Marvel's been around it's so great to see a fresh, new concept like this. And it's so obvious I'm surprised it took so long, in retrospect. The Wrecker part makes sense as a continuation of the break out and, to Sam's point, the fight was great albeit one sided. Though it doesn't feel as important or weighty as the prior issues. And it seems like all Spidey's good for is shooting his webs. Doesn't anyone remember he's one of the single strongest heroes in the MU? He took down Cage in a slug fest just after Gwen Stacy was killed! But the ending, though done before in other books going back to Stan and Jack, was just lame. Awful! The idea that Marvel creators can show up in their books could work in the 60s and 70s but today just doesn't work.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 11:19 AM   #22
Sam Wilson
Samurai Vato

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf
But the ending, though done before in other books going back to Stan and Jack, was just lame. Awful! The idea that Marvel creators can show up in their books could work in the 60s and 70s but today just doesn't work.

That was the big gripe for me. I thought that was horrible, lame, stupid, cheap, man, how can you be killin' it, and then do something that dumb? Ugh. Like I've said, I'm trying to write it out of my memory...
Sam Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 11:23 AM   #23
bat_collector
Galactus

Quote:
But the ending, though done before in other books going back to Stan and Jack, was just lame. Awful! The idea that Marvel creators can show up in their books could work in the 60s and 70s but today just doesn't work.
Two for two! I agree 100% on this. Just an aweful idea. Stupid, lazy. It almost turns me off to the whole series.

And yes, spiderman should be able to do more than just shoot webs. I think a combined tandem of those fours should be causing more damage. Should wrecker not even be able to hit spidey?

just bad.
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 11:43 AM   #24
MiamiLoco
BD is the best (and I'm not talkin' about Bowen Designs)!!!

Quote:
Doesn't anyone remember he's one of the single strongest heroes in the MU? He took down Cage in a slug fest just after Gwen Stacy was killed!
Maybe he did, but at least he got his ass WHUPPED by Cage on the cover of Amazing Spider-Man #123:

Quote:
BTW I think Morrison pulled this off in his Animal Man run during the 80s as well and it was pretty good.

I don't know. As far as we know, we don't know where this is headed. From past references, we are pretty sure that there ARE Marvel comics INSIDE the Marvel Universe. Maybe this guy was just a powerful dude that read comic books and for some reason he THOUGHT he was "THE SENTRY."

The ending didn't say: "Hi, I'm Paul Jenkins, and I created YOU!! DUN DUN DUN!!!!" I'll wait till next issue to say "it's already been done."
MiamiLoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 11:59 AM   #25
bat_collector
Galactus

and I ahted that way too long opening scene with iron man and mr fantastic, namor, black bolt, and prof x.

boring!
Old 07-15-2005, 12:05 PM   #26
Sam Wilson
Samurai Vato

Yo,

I didn't hate the whole issue. I really liked the whole issue, up until that Sentry garbage. I aint gonna let it ruin everything for me though.
Sam Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 12:05 PM   #27
MiamiLoco

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat_collector
and I ahted that way too long opening scene with iron man and mr fantastic, namor, black bolt, and prof x.

boring!
haha, but it has some witty banter. Namor was a d#%@ and Mr. Fantastic was a know-it-all, uh.. Black Bolt was quiet, cause, uh, he can kill you if he talks, LOL and Prof X is old and kind of boring, so you can't blame him.
Old 07-15-2005, 12:07 PM   #28
bat_collector
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiLoco
haha, but it has some witty banter.
bendizz witty banter = bat_collector ZZZZZZ

love the fight scene though
Old 07-15-2005, 12:41 PM   #29
MiamiLoco

Me am bat_collector, me no like words, only BOOM!! BOOM!! heheh j/k BTW what writers DO you like?
Old 07-15-2005, 12:45 PM   #30
mwf6171
internet forum tough guy

Location: Gore/Aussie Land!!! well Kansas City, MO actually..
Great job as usual guys, I might have to go pick up those JLA's.....
mwf6171 is offline   Reply With Quote