Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics > The Mighty Reviews

Old 08-25-2005, 05:28 PM   #21
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Great reviews as always guys. Didn't realise Byrne was still around.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 05:43 PM   #22
syzygy
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat_collector
Didn't JMS ruin Gwen Stacy?

I'll still pass.

yes, he sure did. one of the worst, if not THE WORST, spiderman storyline of all time. gwen did the nasty with norman osborn years ago and has 2 adult kids who now want revenge on peter?? give me a break!!! and don't get me wrong...i am a huge JMS fan (love supreme powers), but this was CRAP.

great reviews sam!
syzygy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 06:15 PM   #23
Sam Wilson
Samurai Vato

Quote:
Originally Posted by syzygy
yes, he sure did. one of the worst, if not THE WORST, spiderman storyline of all time. gwen did the nasty with norman osborn years ago and has 2 adult kids who now want revenge on peter?? give me a break!!! and don't get me wrong...i am a huge JMS fan (love supreme powers), but this was CRAP.

great reviews sam!

YEah, that Spider Man was CRAP. ugh.

I have been unimpressed on JMS's FF so far as well, but cause twistered is a righteous cat, I'm gonna give it another shot.

ANd again, thanks for the compliments fellas, but don't forget my hermano wk got in some sweet reviews as well, and he'll be back kicking a$# next week. Word.
Sam Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 06:18 PM   #24
twisterred
Luke Cage

Quote:
Didn't JMS ruin Gwen Stacy?

I'll still pass.
To my knowledge no one has ever hit one out of the park everytime they step up to the plate. I agree he did GS wrong, not clone sage wrong or red and blue superman wrong, but maybe General Hospital wrong. I'd like to be able to direct a fellow reader to a good book but if I can't I can't. For my enjoyment I think this as a great storyline and am looking forward to seeing where it's going. It's not a retread per say of the last 40 years but a expansion. How about this, next time your in your LCS sneak a look at a copy on the stand...don't buy it, just look at. That's all.
twisterred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 06:31 PM   #25
twisterred
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Wilson
YEah, that Spider Man was CRAP. ugh.

I have been unimpressed on JMS's FF so far as well, but cause twistered is a righteous cat, I'm gonna give it another shot.

ANd again, thanks for the compliments fellas, but don't forget my hermano wk got in some sweet reviews as well, and he'll be back kicking a$# next week. Word.
Thanks for the props. I'm in Mad town this weekend. Not promising anything but I still have your digits.
Old 08-25-2005, 06:32 PM   #26
Sam Wilson
Samurai Vato

Quote:
Originally Posted by twisterred
Thanks for the props. I'm in Mad town this weekend. Not promising anything but I still have your digits.

I'll be around yo.
Sam Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 07:03 PM   #27
bat_collector
Galactus

Quote:
It's not a retread per say of the last 40 years but a expansion. How about this, next time your in your LCS sneak a look at a copy on the stand...don't buy it, just look at. That's all.
maybe I shoudl have quantified this and say that I dont' like the FF much at all. WKTF gave a lot of kudos to the Galactus storylien waid did, and I couldn't get myself to read it.

However, I am intersted in reading the namor story arc form Ultimate FF.
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 07:55 PM   #28
twisterred
Luke Cage

Quote:
maybe I shoudl have quantified this and say that I dont' like the FF much at all. WKTF gave a lot of kudos to the Galactus storylien waid did, and I couldn't get myself to read it.

However, I am intersted in reading the namor story arc form Ultimate FF.
UFF is a great read...started out kinda slow to me but I am totally enjoying it now. The Namor storyline looks to be pretty interesting. I think the Inhumans are on deck soon which is another selling point to me.

The Waid storyline where Susan and Johnnie switch powers? Wasn't bad but it left a bad taste in my mouth. I like when they took over Latvaria.
Old 08-25-2005, 11:16 PM   #29
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
To my knowledge no one has ever hit one out of the park everytime they step up to the plate.
I think every one of the Simonson Thor books was a home run. Same with Miller/Janson's DD and Byrne's FF. Knowing b_c didn't like the Galactus story or your feelings about when Sue and Johnny switched powers, I think Waid/Ringo were great on every issue. For that matter, Waid/Garney's Cap, Englehart/Buscema's Cap, Michelinie/Romita Jr's Iron Man, Millar/Romita Jr's Wolverine, Lee/Kirby's FF and Thor, and Lee/Ditko's Spider-Man were all consistently great. Just IMHO.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 11:16 PM   #30
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Wilson
Thanks, Sam!
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote