Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-27-2018, 08:06 PM   #1
Omegaplex
The Herculoids

Oracle

Just curious, would anybody else be up for a 1/4 scale premium format Oracle statue to go with your Huntress and Black Canary? I haven't been able to find a good Oracle statue, like, *anywhere.*
Omegaplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 08:28 PM   #2
Conehead
Luke Cage

Depending on the design...I would.
Conehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 08:40 PM   #3
Punisher_
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I wouldn't get a professor x statue let alone a Oracle one but that's just me.
Punisher_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 08:57 PM   #4
chrismhk
Luke Cage

I would love one but we are already at second Barbara Gordon PF. I would rather get other DC characters, Bat family characters or even other Batgirl (Cass, Steph) that has not been done yet. It will be nice to have one further in the future though.
chrismhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 09:07 PM   #5
Omegaplex
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher_ View Post
I wouldn't get a professor x statue let alone a Oracle one but that's just me.
But why? I am genuinely curious. Is because you just don't much care for Barbara Gordon, or you never liked her Oracle persona, or because it's hard to make a statue have sex appeal when the girl is in a wheelchair? Ultimately it's your opinion, so it's as valid as anyone else's, I'm just trying to dig into a little bit more, especially with a Professor X comment, who is also a well-loved, but wheelchair-bound character. Are people just burned out on Barbara Gordon statues in general? Or is it just a drag to have a statue of a person in a wheelchair? I mean, if none of those characters has ever resonated with you strongly enough to want a Statue of them, that is a completely valid answer, of course.

I think most people prefer Barbara Gordon - Oracle to Barbara Gordon - Batgirl, as a character. The DC Universe went something like 20 years without Barbara Gordon as Batgirl, and I distinctly remember that most people at the time of the New 52 launch were quite peeved that Barbara Gordon was suddenly Batgirl again. Is she just that much more likeable as Batgirl? Or is it because Cassandra Cain and Stephanie Brown were just weaker versions of the character?

Open to discussion, this is interesting.
Omegaplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 09:19 PM   #6
ruzzell
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

I liked Oracle in this look from DC Collectibles action figures:
ruzzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 10:20 PM   #7
mousse
Frackin!

Oooh. Tough question. Babs is a favourite character of mine but I was never a fan of her Oracle persona. Not because I disliked her or anything, it's just that to me Babs is better represented in her prime as Batgirl.

I don't want a reminder of the lowest point in her life (as competent and essential as her duties as Oracle were).
mousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 10:50 PM   #8
AC_808
Hercules

Aww man, I thought we were talking about Oracle from the Shi'ar Empire Imperial Guard. I'd be down for that.

AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 12:48 AM   #9
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousse View Post
Oooh. Tough question. Babs is a favourite character of mine but I was never a fan of her Oracle persona. Not because I disliked her or anything, it's just that to me Babs is better represented in her prime as Batgirl.

I don't want a reminder of the lowest point in her life (as competent and essential as her duties as Oracle were).
Agree completely. The Killing Joke is a piece of sh!t that was disowned by the writer. Barbara Gordon was awesome as Oracle in spite of DC editorial's idiotic decisions during that particular time period.

Babs is Batgirl. Cass Cain is Orphan, and Stephanie Brown is Spoiler. End of discussion.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 01:04 AM   #10
Punisher_
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I just preferred her as Batgirl tbh even though she was a better oracle. Even DC said it was a mistake to have Barbara be paralyzed like that. I dunno it would just be depressing seeing a character at her lowest on your shelf next to Batman, Super-man, etc. Or next to Joker LOL.

But I do think a ton of people loved her as oracle even more than Batgirl so I can just be in the minority. I just loved reading Batgirl year one and I liked her new 52 run and been a fan of Batgirl since. Even been reading her whole Rebirth run which is catered to teen girls lmao.
Punisher_ is offline   Reply With Quote