Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-17-2019, 07:55 PM   #191
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

On the other forum there has yet to be a single positive comment for this, so I was sort of surprised that there were a few here who actually liked it.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 09:36 PM   #192
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Where's VS? I wonder if he will buy 2?
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 10:16 AM   #193
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
On the other forum there has yet to be a single positive comment for this, so I was sort of surprised that there were a few here who actually liked it.
Believe it or not, these two forums represent a very small percentage of sideshow's business. It's not surprising for this to seem like it's being received negatively if you base it on these points of reference.
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 02:03 PM   #194
Savage
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
I like it too, at least the design. Pose with the guitar is finaly something way different which fits to the charakter. Love the details from this „crazy nuke guitar hero instrument weapon“. The heads are spot on and the base show how much Lobo cares about other live forms.

Do I order it? No, cause I don‘t like the skin colour and the mixed media. In this price range I get very picky.

But I still think that most of the people don‘t hate this Maquette as much as it seems. It is just sideshows overall plan which drives most of us longtime collectors nuts. No Flash, Martian Manhunter and so on loom up on the horizen so Lobo get the blame representative for the decision of this company.
Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 04:33 PM   #195
MPCanes
The X-Men

I don't dislike this statue, it just makes no sense in context (recent other Lobo(s) and those are better).

Also, while this may be the vocal crowd, chances are you are getting a good enough sample size from this + FB groups that if people think it stinks/we don't need it, the "general sideshow public" will feel the same.

Pretty easy to tell since stuff like the new Batman PF which was pretty harshly criticized looks likely to be in stock for a while.
MPCanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 04:52 PM   #196
Comicbookguy
Hercules

It's actually not that bad, most would want this. The only thing is the price is too high. If this was 350.00 we would sell 2-3k of these easy. Again it's the money part which is asking too much. The statue looks like a fun piece to own. Lobo fans would love to have as many Lobo's as possible if the prices was not so high. They would find a way and make room for it if the prices was like 4-5 years back.
Old 03-18-2019, 09:34 PM   #197
chrismhk
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPCanes View Post
Also, while this may be the vocal crowd, chances are you are getting a good enough sample size from this + FB groups that if people think it stinks/we don't need it, the "general sideshow public" will feel the same.
I agree. I think even more so since Lobo is only known by more hardcore DC fans unlike Superman, Batman and Wonderwoman.
chrismhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 09:43 PM   #198
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
Where's VS? I wonder if he will buy 2?
I'm here lol
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 09:51 PM   #199
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
I'm here lol
Welcome back my friend! How about a lobo for your room and one on the kitchen like all your other statues? I was worried that you had to take a vacation from this site. We will collect till the day we leave earth. This hobby is a addiction most can't let go. I tried a few times only to be pulled back by the next hot piece.
Old 03-18-2019, 09:55 PM   #200
bruiser72
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
Welcome back my friend! How about a lobo for your room and one on the kitchen like all your other statues? I was worried that you had to take a vacation from this site. We will collect till the day we leave earth. This hobby is a addiction most can't let go. I tried a few times only to be pulled back by the next hot piece.
I second that! I try and fail all the time!
bruiser72 is offline   Reply With Quote