Old 02-06-2020, 12:35 AM   #571
Gothamite
Phoenix

Designer Lee Bermejo Batman, $70
https://www.amazon.com/DC-Designer-B...dp/B07N8ZWZR5/
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 12:35 AM   #572
Vykk Draygo
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
You beat me to it, I was checking out and was going to post then saw you already did
Vykk Draygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 12:57 AM   #573
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vykk Draygo View Post
You beat me to it, I was checking out and was going to post then saw you already did
Old 02-06-2020, 01:32 AM   #574
JoeWorf
The Herculoids

Quote:
Well, that stung even more. ::sigh:: Looks like I'm just about done pre-ordering statues from my LCS. Even with my discount this is painful. Kind of a shame, as I've always tried to support the brick and mortar establishments, even at a bit of a premium. The problem is it's also eroding my excitement for the hobby (I've always preferred to go in and browse and buy). The same thing happened with my action figure collecting. With the demise of Toys R Us, my general aversion to Walmart, the spottiness of selection at Target and B&N being virtually out of the business model of appealing to collectors, I've all but abandoned that hobby. My LCS kept jacking up the prices and pricing some at eBay scalper prices for in-demand, hot or scarce figures and GameStop only gets in an occasional figure of interest. No more thrill of the hunt. It's rough being a dinosaur. Some tough choices ahead.... Rant off.
JoeWorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 02:47 AM   #575
Hunter Frost
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Unhappy This used to be my playground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeWorf View Post
Well, that stung even more. ::sigh:: Looks like I'm just about done pre-ordering statues from my LCS. Even with my discount this is painful. Kind of a shame, as I've always tried to support the brick and mortar establishments, even at a bit of a premium. The problem is it's also eroding my excitement for the hobby (I've always preferred to go in and browse and buy). The same thing happened with my action figure collecting. With the demise of Toys R Us, my general aversion to Walmart, the spottiness of selection at Target and B&N being virtually out of the business model of appealing to collectors, I've all but abandoned that hobby. My LCS kept jacking up the prices and pricing some at eBay scalper prices for in-demand, hot or scarce figures and GameStop only gets in an occasional figure of interest. No more thrill of the hunt. It's rough being a dinosaur. Some tough choices ahead.... Rant off.
Same here but with books and CDs. I didn’t even renew my Barnes & Noble membership this past December and I’m not sure I will. I’ve gone through Walden Books and Borders. Now it seems I may have to bid adieu to B&N.
Hunter Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 09:45 AM   #576
batmaster
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Yup, Amazon is trying to close all the actual shops. When they do... poof! They won't be as cheap as before. Seen it with so many bussineses here in Europe (and webshops).
batmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 11:56 AM   #577
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
It's funny, I saw this in my LCS just last week and was really impressed. I thought "You know, if she goes on sale for less than $90 I'll bite".

$76 works for me, ordered. Thanks Gothamite.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 12:02 PM   #578
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
$76 works for me, ordered. Thanks Gothamite.
Old 02-06-2020, 01:00 PM   #579
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

I got one as well. Thanks! I haven't paid retail for any of the Bombshell statues. They all drop in price at some point.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 02:20 PM   #580
Professor
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeWorf View Post
Guess I'm going to be in the same boat. My LCS gives me 20-30% off on my statues I get from him but Amazon is going even lower now. I have the Huntress and Catwoman (wedding gown cover girl) on PO from my local guy, but after that I believe I will be going Amazon from now own.

I prefer supporting my local guy but I can't turn down saving 20-40$ a pop.
Professor is offline   Reply With Quote