Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 11-15-2017, 09:22 AM   #551
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I think at this point Gal Gadot could do no wrong as WW even if her part was weak. I, for one, am smitten with this woman. She does a fabulous WW and appears to be warm and sweet as a person from all of the interviews I have seen of her. Her smile just warms me. #girlcrush

It's a shame that DC went watered down as opposed to sticking with their original formula. While some, ok most, of their movies have issues with editing that in turn kill the movie - fans go to see these films. And they seem to do well enough in the aftermarket.

For example, I may not love BvS because of Lex and the WTH edits - but fans on here really gave it another chance and said the Director's Cut was a solid film. I would watch the Director's Cut if I didn't have to buy a BluRay I would watch only once. Suicide Squad just had a REALLY dumb villain, but we all agree that Margot and Will did great in their respective roles.

So that being said, I will give DC my money in the theater and probably nothing else other than that. And I'm sure I will leave the theatre thinking that there was so much potential that probably hit the cutting room floor.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 09:30 AM   #552
Gothamite
Phoenix

What happened with BvS in the aftermarket was odd. People said that they hated the movie...and then bought so many copies of it that it became one of the Top Ten Best Selling Blu-rays of all time. Huh?
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 09:32 AM   #553
Demona
Martian Manhunter

$hitty editing KILLED that movie for me. Everybody says the BluRay, even non fanboys, is superior due to the fixes. Seeing in the theatre left such a bad taste in my mouth that I will not buy the BluRay. No way. Somebody wants to lend it to me - great. But I'm gun shy.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 09:33 AM   #554
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

JL gets savaged in this review - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/films/0/j...beyond-saving/

The RT score tomorrow is going to be in the 20's I suspect.
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 09:58 AM   #555
SONICobra
Batman

lol i suspected no less, i think the majority of us realize we need to make our own judgments but sadly the majority of the movie going audience may buy into these overly bias reviews

to be honest though based on the trailers im not sure what to expect. i love MOS and BVS but this movie feels a little forced, im hoping the trailers just arent capturing the scope of the movie
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 10:11 AM   #556
Jesse Custer
Hellboy

I watched the movie last night. I liked it and thought it was better than BvS actually. The tone was lighter, but It was on point, most characters are very charismatic and Wonder Woman is the one who steals the show. I think It will be better received than BvS and SS, but not nearly as well as WW. Right now I would probably rate It 3 out of 5.
Jesse Custer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 11:44 AM   #557
Y3E
Gen 13

I don't think I will be disappointed in this movie. Anything with Gal Gadot in it will make it an enjoyable viewing experience for me
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 12:13 PM   #558
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
JL gets savaged in this review - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/films/0/j...beyond-saving/

The RT score tomorrow is going to be in the 20's I suspect.
If this is true, the movie deserves to be trashed:

Spoiler

Quote:
Except even the basics of this turn out to be bewilderingly difficult. At one mind-boggling juncture, the team inexplicably leaves the final Mother Box unattended in a car park, only for Steppenwolf to beam down and make off with it while they’re doing something else.

Saw this on another website:

Quote:
47% with 51 reviews currently on RT.

You can see the score via a backdoor on the Flixster app.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 12:53 PM   #559
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
If this is true, the movie deserves to be trashed:

Spoiler

Saw this on another website:
C'mon, the confusion is understandable. WW thought Batman was going to grab it, but Bats though Flash was because he's fast on his feet; Flash figured Cyborg was interested in it so he could tinker; Cyborg thought Aquaman was because he likes grabbing things, and Supes just didn't care as he was doing most of the work anyhow.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 02:13 PM   #560
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

I'm a simple man.

If Superman's theme is in this film, I will enjoy it immensely.
samhain81 is offline   Reply With Quote