Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > First4Figures / Gaming Heads

Old 09-27-2023, 02:14 AM   #21
Asuka
Fantastic Four

Honestly, good riddance. Their quality has always been low tier. I hope F4F follows suit and a better company can do a better job with the IPs they have.
Asuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2023, 05:08 AM   #22
ob1ob
Birdman

I have the Ratchet and Clank, original Sly Cooper, Jak and Daxter, and the Half-Life Gordon Freeman and Head Crab statues. All are great as far as I’m concerned. These are older, so maybe quality dropped with their more recent pieces.
ob1ob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2023, 07:50 AM   #23
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
I'd like to hear Sony's side of this, but I'll assume they got tired of GH's delays. The whole document is weirdly worded and with repeated phrases trying to make them look like pariah's while their customers are the ones that will suffer in the end. I agree with others that their pieces have not been up to snuff lately. Those Ellie pieces woof...
Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
I doubt Sony care about their delays and I wouldn't hold your breath about hearing Sony's side :<
Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
They obviously care about something. They pulled the rug out from under GH nails and all. Like someone said GH is going to be responsible for the losses and I'd be surprised if it didn't tank the company. I don't expect anything from Sony, but I doubt GH's being 100% forthcoming either.
I doubt it has to do with delays (many companies claim delays)
But fully agree (they sound sincere, but weirdly worded).
Curious how this will be resolved towards customers.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2023, 09:40 PM   #24
Demonvial
Doh!

Just received email from GH:

It has been a very busy few days and we thank you for your patience and continued support. We understand that these notifications can be difficult to read so apologize in advance. When SONY PlayStation unexpectantly told us the news, we told the Community we would do all that we could for you and those Community members affected by SONY PlayStation's decision. The good news is we have now managed to buy-back some of our SONY PlayStation merchandise from our wholesale/distribution partners and can now complete your order. We expect to have your (my name) in our local warehouse at the end of the year/early in the new year (i.e. in about 3 months time). We want to apologize for any stress, confusion and inconvenience that SONY PlayStation's decision (and this situation) may have caused you. Thank you again for your order and continued support. Kind regards, Customer Service

This is for The Last of Us Part II: Ellie Stealth Edition statue I preordered.

I actually had no idea their company was having issues prior to receiving this email. Happy to see that they?re saying they will fulfill my order. I?m curious what the actual edition size for these statues will be though considering that I doubt they sold them all out and I?m certain they won?t be allowing anyone to order any more.

I adore my Mass Effect Tali statue and Bioshock Elizabeth from them but I haven?t ordered anything from them in years so I?ll be hoping for the best.
Demonvial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2023, 03:28 AM   #25
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonvial View Post
I adore my Mass Effect Tali statue and Bioshock Elizabeth from them but I haven?t ordered anything from them in years so I?ll be hoping for the best.
Welcome to the forum! I wish I had gotten their Liara statue back in the day...maybe someone will make a new one when the next Mass Effect arrives.
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2023, 10:23 PM   #26
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
Welcome to the forum! I wish I had gotten their Liara statue back in the day...maybe someone will make a new one when the next Mass Effect arrives.
i kick myself for not grabbing Garrus all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuka View Post
Honestly, good riddance. Their quality has always been low tier. I hope F4F follows suit and a better company can do a better job with the IPs they have.
i think F4F makes some of the coolest game statues out there.
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2023, 09:41 PM   #27
iNarr
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonvial View Post
Just received email from GH:

It has been a very busy few days and we thank you for your patience and continued support. We understand that these notifications can be difficult to read so apologize in advance. When SONY PlayStation unexpectantly told us the news, we told the Community we would do all that we could for you and those Community members affected by SONY PlayStation's decision. The good news is we have now managed to buy-back some of our SONY PlayStation merchandise from our wholesale/distribution partners and can now complete your order. We expect to have your (my name) in our local warehouse at the end of the year/early in the new year (i.e. in about 3 months time). We want to apologize for any stress, confusion and inconvenience that SONY PlayStation's decision (and this situation) may have caused you. Thank you again for your order and continued support. Kind regards, Customer Service

This is for The Last of Us Part II: Ellie Stealth Edition statue I preordered.

I actually had no idea their company was having issues prior to receiving this email. Happy to see that they?re saying they will fulfill my order. I?m curious what the actual edition size for these statues will be though considering that I doubt they sold them all out and I?m certain they won?t be allowing anyone to order any more.

Absolutely do not trust Gaming Heads' statement. If I had to guess, they're trying to stall refund requests by dangling a carrot for customers still hopeful their order will be completed (i.e. by promising stock that their distributors supposedly can't legally fulfill due to Sony's C&D, but they can? It's nonsense).

I'd guess that Gaming Heads has been in financial trouble a while. Around a year ago, they supposedly found 'extra stock' of a bunch of their retired statues, and put them back up on the store for 2-5x the original price (e.g. one figure went from $350 to $1200).

At the time, I was shocked at how brazen they were about it, but looking back, it seems likely that the statues they 'found' were in fact reissued from old molds, or were at least held in reserve in anticipation of selling at a higher price. I actually wouldn't be surprised if Sony caught them doing this stuff and cancelled their licensing contract as a result.

Gaming Heads' response tells you all you need to know about the state of their operation.

In my opinion, Gaming Heads might shutter because of this. Who's to say other Licensees don't pull out, too? Issue a chargeback if you can, because I have my doubts Gaming Heads will willingly (or promptly) issue a refund. Especially not if customers request them en masse.
iNarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2023, 01:44 AM   #28
dao2
Cyclops

We want to make sure that the Community knows that we will do all we can for them, including processing their refunds, following SONY PlayStation's unexpected decision requiring us to destroy all of our PlayStation items. This includes destroying statues on which PlayStation has already received royalty payments on your orders/payments, statues which are ready to ship to you.. Please note their decision does not affect any of our many other statues, plushies, bobblehheads etc.

The good news is we have managed to buy-back some of our items from our wholesale/distribution partners so can complete Community orders for Jak3, TLOU2 Ellie, Kratos (Norse) bust and Kratos on Throne statues.
We are waiting to hear from SONY PlayStation about the royalty payments they have already received for the statues you have ordered but now required destroyed. No matter what they decide to do, we will refund all payments for orders that need to been cancelled.

We want to apologize for any stress, confusion and inconvenience that SONY PlayStation's decision (and this situation) may have caused you and ask for your continued patience over the next few days as we wait to hear from SONY PlayStation.

There will be an update notification sent to affected Community members in the next 1-2 days (hopefully we'll hear from SONY PlayStation by then).
Thank you again for your orders and continued support and rest assured that we will do all we can for you and the rest of the Community (including processing your refunds).
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote