Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Digital Photography

Old 09-28-2008, 03:51 PM   #21
HoldyourfireAl
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesSong View Post
....?

This is the url for the above image: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3264/...8384fe60_o.jpg

And you can do it as many times as the forum allows.
Right, but you can't just click the code in Flickr & then paste it into the body of a message board post. See what I'm saying?
HoldyourfireAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 04:00 PM   #22
HoldyourfireAl
Kindly Asked To Leave

Check out this thread..

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=107083

They are trying to get the functionality for me. So, far it isn't working...
Old 09-28-2008, 04:30 PM   #23
CharlesSong
Sculptor
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoldyourfireAl View Post
Right, but you can't just click the code in Flickr & then paste it into the body of a message board post. See what I'm saying?

No, there isn't a code that is laid out for you (as far as I know). But the net result is one extra click to accomplish the same thing...
Old 09-28-2008, 04:38 PM   #24
HoldyourfireAl
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesSong View Post
No, there isn't a code that is laid out for you (as far as I know). But the net result is one extra click to accomplish the same thing...
Not really. I tried it. In a post, you have to click the image box, then security pops up & you have to temporarily allow a script, then you have to hit the image box again, then you have to past the address in it. That's a lot more work per pic than clicking on an img code & pasting it into the body of a post.

Old 09-28-2008, 04:42 PM   #25
CharlesSong
Sculptor
Sculptor

Well that's an issue with your browser then if a prompt pops up asking you to allow a script.
Old 09-29-2008, 05:59 PM   #26
ComputerFly
The Phantom

Charles, are you sure you don't have some type of add-on program that's running to put your image into the [IMG ] brackets? When I click your link, and then click on all sizes, and then click copy image location, all I get is the url, it doesn't post it as an actual image into the thread.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3264/...d9a066108f.jpg

I use Firefox as well.

EDIT: Okay, I think I see. Charles clicks the 'add photo' or whatever button in the 'advanced' screen and posts his link in there (I'm guessing). The best thing about PB is, once your photo uploads, all the different html code styles are right there, you just click the one you want and paste (no need to right click and 'save' anything, it's just copied into your clipboard). Also no need to go into advanced edit on the forum.

So I'm guessing it saves you quite a few clicks.
ComputerFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 06:05 PM   #27
ComputerFly
The Phantom

I have my PB setting at 2MB, might as well since it doesn't hurt anything. It doesn't make your pictures any larger, but if you need the extra space (for a HUGE photo), it won't reduce the quality. I wonder if the photo editing software actual makes the pictures look better than than they would anywhere outside of that software.
ComputerFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 08:11 PM   #28
HoldyourfireAl
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComputerFly View Post
Charles, are you sure you don't have some type of add-on program that's running to put your image into the [IMG ] brackets? When I click your link, and then click on all sizes, and then click copy image location, all I get is the url, it doesn't post it as an actual image into the thread.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3264/...d9a066108f.jpg

I use Firefox as well.

EDIT: Okay, I think I see. Charles clicks the 'add photo' or whatever button in the 'advanced' screen and posts his link in there (I'm guessing). The best thing about PB is, once your photo uploads, all the different html code styles are right there, you just click the one you want and paste (no need to right click and 'save' anything, it's just copied into your clipboard). Also no need to go into advanced edit on the forum.

So I'm guessing it saves you quite a few clicks.

Some folks at Smugmug have helped me, by writing a script that enables me to have the same functionality as Photobucket, but on this VERY superior website! Check out this thread...

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=107083
Old 10-01-2008, 08:16 PM   #29
HoldyourfireAl
Kindly Asked To Leave

By the way, if any of you decide to check out Smugmug due to my recommendation, please use my coupon code...

9rfoxkKcZz3fY

You can save $5 on a SmugMug subscription and I'll get $10 off my renewal next year!

http://www.smugmug.com/
Old 10-14-2008, 02:33 AM   #30
tcmasto
Frackin!

I've been with smugmug for years and haven't found the need to explore other options.

One of my favorite things about smugmug is the ease of adding descriptions to the photos and the tools that allow you to arrange photos and the galleries. This was actually weakness of SMUGMUG when I first started as that process was rather cumbersome but they constantly look for ways to improve their service and all those little annoyances I experienced early on are long gone.

I don't have any pictures of my statue collection yet, but you can see my collection of original artwork.

www.todd.smugmug.com
tcmasto is offline   Reply With Quote