Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 06-29-2023, 03:38 PM   #1
tidus
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Dino Dream Jurassic Park

This 'brand' - something feels off - just showed up on my instagram feed. It looks like they have been releasing miniature copies of what appears to be SWS models, but they claim to have a JP license.

There's absolutely nothing about this anywhere, except this.

Quote:
DINO DREAM promises to respect the ownership of the work of SWS and the artists who created it. The Jurassic Park dinosaur image belongs to SWS Studios and the artists who worked on it.
DINODREAM restores and preserves them as much as possible through the collection, making full use of the copyrighted materials provided by Universal to perfect each product and sharing it with people who love SWS Jurassic Park dinosaur images through modern industrial means.
tidus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2023, 04:11 PM   #2
tidus

I made a little digging and it seems to be run by one guy who has adquired many original SWS lots. He has the lifesize dilophosaurus bust that was auctioned long ago, a trike bust, and all the parasaurolophus, pachy, stego and young stego maquettes that you *could* get in kit form (could - this kit guy owes me money).

I guess his compy figures and the aforementioned raptor and buck trex are reposed digital scans from real SWS pieces. But I can't find a single picture of something he has actually sold.
Old 06-29-2023, 06:09 PM   #3
VickPS
Blue Falcon

Looks like you should do more research, this company has been around for years, but until this 30th Anniversary only produced unlicensed using their huge collection of SWS originals as source. You can find reviews of their past products, all of them, on Youtube from Andy's Dinosaur Reviews.

They recently acquired the license, and produced these Raptors in the same scale of Prime 1 main line, and I can't wait to receive mine!

Nothing fishy about them, except their broken english. On their Facebook page there's even an awesome "Good luck" video from Mike Trcic himself, the OG JP T-Rex sculptor, wishing the company the best after the license purchase.

These Raptor's package also got a pretty good artwork from Jaroslav Kosmina, at this point used by every company for Jurassic Park artworks.
VickPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2023, 06:52 PM   #4
Blade3327
Nightwing

Are we sure this isn't run by known scammer (and admittedly talented sculptor) Galileo? Maybe I'm getting my names mixed up, but I somehow remember Dino Dream being associated with him.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2023, 07:58 PM   #5
VickPS
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
Are we sure this isn't run by known scammer (and admittedly talented sculptor) Galileo?
100%.

They're from opposite ends of the globe. Plus Galileo sculpted his pieces himself, Dino Dream just 3D scan original pieces a do pose associated work.

These are Universal licensed products people, and the company years of proven record behind.. there's absolutely nothing to worry about as testified by the comments on their Facebook or in the comment section of his products reviews on Youtube.

They don't even sell their stuff directly but only via proven retailers. It's the first time I'm ever seeing concern about the company.
Old 06-30-2023, 02:44 AM   #6
BladeoftheMoon
Mephisto

Galileo Hernandez was associated with another company that makes really big resin poseable figures that people rarely get and break often, can't recall the name?

Dino Dream though, I own their 1:1 Compy and the previous 1:15 Pteranodon. I do have the new 1:15 Pteranodon and raptors on preorder.

I wouldn't say they are the same scale as the main Prime1 line though, I have seen pics of them with the 1:15 Rotunda Rex and they look about right?

DD does have an amazing 1:5 I think Pteranodon, that's HUGE . The base is about 3'x3' square but at 3k it's a lot I think?
BladeoftheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2023, 04:38 AM   #7
VickPS
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeoftheMoon View Post
I wouldn't say they are the same scale as the main Prime1 line though, I have seen pics of them with the 1:15 Rotunda Rex and they look about right?
With P1 main line I mean the 1:15, same scale as these Raptors. Here perspective makes it look larger but the two should lok perfect together:

The P1 little Rotunda is smaller than 1:15 so Raptors look too big next to it:

Quote:
DD does have an amazing 1:5 I think Pteranodon, that's HUGE . The base is about 3'x3' square but at 3k it's a lot I think?
Yeah, those big pieces have extreme prices but they look really good.

On the other hand their licensed 1:15 Pteranodon looks tempting, if you own P1 Spinosaurus it would be a perfect companion piece and it's pretty cheap as well.
Old 07-01-2023, 01:16 AM   #8
BladeoftheMoon
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickPS View Post
With P1 main line I mean the 1:15, same scale as these Raptors. Here perspective makes it look larger but the two should lok perfect together:

The P1 little Rotunda is smaller than 1:15 so Raptors look too big next to it:

Yeah, those big pieces have extreme prices but they look really good.

On the other hand their licensed 1:15 Pteranodon looks tempting, if you own P1 Spinosaurus it would be a perfect companion piece and it's pretty cheap as well.
I get you, for some reason I thought " main line is 1:15 the main line raptors are bigger? " and my brain stopped there lol

After I find the larger Rotunda piece I might save for that big Pteranodon. I have so any other P1 pieces on order to though. I bought their first 1:15 Pteranodon and preordered the new one through Lanatimeshop.
BladeoftheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2023, 03:06 AM   #9
VickPS
Blue Falcon

Quote:
I get you, for some reason I thought " main line is 1:15 the main line raptors are bigger? " and my brain stopped there lol

After I find the larger Rotunda piece I might save for that big Pteranodon. I have so any other P1 pieces on order to though. I bought their first 1:15 Pteranodon and preordered the new one through Lanatimeshop.
Please share a pic of that Pteranodon next to P1 Spino once you receive it, should look sooo good.

Still waiting for my Raptor order from Lana, received a mail asking to confirm my address the other day and then radio silence. It's my first order with them and I'm not too thrilled with communication and it's a shame because I'm going with them for the Nanmu Dragon Soul Rex, assuming I'll be able to get one in the first place.
Old 07-01-2023, 06:31 AM   #10
tidus

All the vids I can find about these products are from sponsored creators. I want to see how the finished retail product really looks like, not their prototypes. It's been around for years.. but there's only another single mention of them in this forum. Not PRF or SSF, even.

They are pricey af for how small they are, what's their quality? How does the paintjob hold up against the product photos?