Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 07-29-2014, 10:24 AM   #421
Bmutha
I like to make what's yours mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agähnim View Post
Per RagingBull:

Now that I'm fine with!
I like that. Now fix the helmet, XM, and I'm all in.
Bmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 11:14 AM   #422
Demona
Martian Manhunter

IMO what will help this piece more than anything is darkening up that purple.

It would bring a richness, sense of power and depth to the piece that right now it's missing.

I could give the face more of a pass IF the colors were right around him.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 11:19 AM   #423
A R E S
The Spirit

I don't think darkening the purple is a good idea. The comic versions are colorful and bright. Leave the dark washed out colors to the movie versions.
A R E S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 11:22 AM   #424
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Nooooo the movie version has him in rust colors with almost no purple.

In the comics Mags pops off the page with badass, rich colors -- including royal purple
Old 07-29-2014, 12:25 PM   #425
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by A R E S View Post
I don't think darkening the purple is a good idea. The comic versions are colorful and bright. Leave the dark washed out colors to the movie versions.
I disagree, the bright colors come off as cheesy IMO, makes the statue look more plastic toy like...

Originally I was going to skip XM's Hawkeye because I thought they would use the bright comic colors like SS did, but they went with darker colors making it more realistic looking which made it a must buy.... I think that's what makes their pieces stand out is they are using darker more realistic colors, would hate for them to change that now...

Besides if you want the bright Crayola colors you can wait for SS Mag's, you know they'll go that route with him just like they did with Hawkeye
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 12:35 PM   #426
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by immortalblade View Post
You're complaining about a less than 1000 ES on this masterpiece? If Sideshow put out this statue, it would be 3000 ES with Cerebro as the EX and all of the SS fanboys would lap it up. Oh wait, Sideshow Would never produce this piece because they don't have the creativity. 750 or 800 ES on this guy is nothing. Whatever the ES ends up being, XM Studios should make it a +3 ES because that's how many I'm getting.
Perhaps you missed his point, but he isn't complaining about a large ES. Actually, I don't think he's complaining at all. He merely pointed out that if XM claimed their collectibles edition sizes would not be larger than 500 why is this one going beyond that?

I don't know what XM said, but if that is true then I would find the increase in ES for this statue a little alarming as well. You begin to bend your own rules and it can set a precedent.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 12:44 PM   #427
Lawnknome
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

XM said they would never go above 1000, not 500
Lawnknome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 12:45 PM   #428
Demona
Martian Manhunter

XM said they are -- for now -- going to keep their addition sizes bwtn 1-999.

Don't know if that means for just ones they have sneaked already or overall for a few years til they build-up a serious fanbase.
Old 07-29-2014, 12:47 PM   #429
Prevail69
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I disagree, the bright colors come off as cheesy IMO, makes the statue look more plastic toy like...

Originally I was going to skip XM's Hawkeye because I thought they would use the bright comic colors like SS did, but they went with darker colors making it more realistic looking which made it a must buy.... I think that's what makes their pieces stand out is they are using darker more realistic colors, would hate for them to change that now...

Besides if you want the bright Crayola colors you can wait for SS Mag's, you know they'll go that route with him just like they did with Hawkeye
Good point. This Sculpt screams for darker colors. Paint app is to bright on this right now, it looses the entire feel painted up this way. And I agree the paint app on there Hawkeye is what totally makes that statue.... Unfortunately with Mags its completely takes away from it IMHO.
Prevail69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 12:54 PM   #430
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
Perhaps you missed his point, but he isn't complaining about a large ES. Actually, I don't think he's complaining at all. He merely pointed out that if XM claimed their collectibles edition sizes would not be larger than 500 why is this one going beyond that?

I don't know what XM said, but if that is true then I would find the increase in ES for this statue a little alarming as well. You begin to bend your own rules and it can set a precedent.
Hey, somebody got what I was saying.

Admittedly I don't follow XM as closely as some of you. If they've said they don't plan on producing anything over 999 pieces on any given statue I missed it. I thought their magic number was 500. At least that is what I read several times until a few of you posted different info here in regards to some being higher than 500 (Magneto) and others being lower, (Hawkeye.)

That being said I don't see 800 as being very limited on a high end piece like this. Granted it is lower than some of the pieces Sideshow is putting out today but it's also likely to cost twice the price of your average PF. Factor that in and I'd say they're more comparable than some of you want to admit.

And to be clear I am not complaining. I have no dog in this fight and have no plans to purchase this statue. I think it's a great looking piece.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote