Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 10-07-2015, 12:00 AM   #5521
Kovenor
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Completely unacceptable? Lol.. dude its really not that big of deal. Its hardly noticable at all.. u can expect close to perfection but dont expect 100% perfection or you will be dissappinted. There are many of us that would pay good money for that statue as is.
Kovenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 12:12 AM   #5522
actionjackson83
Midnighter

I didn't even know what the heck you were talking about even after looking at the close up pic you posted.. I see the mesh pattern all the way up to the collar line? I am confused... if I bought your statue in the aftermarket and you didn't say anything I probably would've paid full retail and not even have noticed. Hell I still can't see anything wrong with it, if anything it looks better than Bmutha's who has a clear gap underneath his collar, the V isn't even attaching to it.
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 12:12 AM   #5523
Comicbookguy
Hercules

What is wrong in the pics I keep looking and can't see anything? Can we please circle the problem in the pic?
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 12:14 AM   #5524
actionjackson83
Midnighter

I never thought I would say this but for once I agree with CBG.... i better check the floor to see if it's frozen.
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 01:40 AM   #5525
Mace Handowan
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
What is wrong in the pics I keep looking and can't see anything? Can we please circle the problem in the pic?
Sorry for that. I have justed marked the corresponding regions of interest with a white circle. The upper one is mine where one can clearly see the elongated V-bars and added "texture" holes whereas the lower one is a picture of Rainy's perfect specimen.

Mace Handowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 01:54 AM   #5526
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mace Handowan View Post
Sorry for that. I have justed marked the corresponding regions of interest with a white circle. The upper one is mine where one can clearly see the elongated V-bars and added "texture" holes whereas the lower one is a picture of Rainy's perfect specimen.

Ah thanks I see now. Honestly I think no one will even noticed this if they were to buy your statue. If I bought your statue I would not even noticed it being something wrong. It's just so hard to see and it really doesn't bother me at all. If it was a chip on the body, head or even the base I would be so upset. The spot this happen is like the only one spot that I would be ok with. It's not perfect but I still believe it's hidden so well that even a new buyer would not complain. I would just let it go unless xm wants to send another without issues. Hope you can start to enjoy this masterpiece soon.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 02:04 AM   #5527
StatueArt
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Its really painful to buy a statue to spot its imperfection than to admire its artwork
StatueArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 03:05 AM   #5528
jye318
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

lol, i don't think anyone will see that if you don't tell .....
jye318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 10:05 AM   #5529
Cougrcrumby
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Not to offend anyone. .but I still don't see it. The problem is so miniscule to me....maybe why I never have problems with my statues...I can never see them. Must have bad eyes..I was just looking At my magneto...it looks the same as those pictures.
Cougrcrumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 10:05 AM   #5530
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Mace -- I saw your issue clear as day in your first set of pics and it would bug the hell out of me too. Would bug me even if I didn't see more Magneto's with/without the issue. The painter clearly tried to fix and issue that happened at the assembling line.

It's clear that the cape/neck portion of the statue gets adhered to the rest of the body at that part. And THAT would account for "variations" in each statue. Given that it's a person positioning and adhereing the pieces together one by one, I can accept THAT leading to variations between statues. But only within reason (i.e., it's touching, even overlapping the clasps).

Your statue has a glaring issue with placement to the point it doesn't even touch the clasps. In the real world, that would mean it's not even attached to the rest of the suit!

I'd slight the painter less than the assembly crew. The painter IMO did a decent job of adding the texture and paint to cover it up, so much so that some people can't see the issue. I can see why XM is going to debate taking this back because it's going to require removing paint, taking apart the statue without breaking it (is that possible?!) and reassembling/painting.

Truth be told, if you sold it, few people would notice the error.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote