Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 08-24-2021, 04:28 PM   #111
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Books are banned. Movies are banned. TV shows are censored. Music is edited. It all has NOTHING to do with PC. It has everything to do with conservatism, racism, and sexism. PC is different IMO.

I find the censoring of music to be soooo odd in this country. Like why can't people say the word "cocaine" in a single line, but Eric Clapton has an entire song played on many stations that says and is all about cocaine? What the what?
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 07:06 PM   #112
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
Ah... That's sad and so unfortunate... I'm glad that i live in a time that A Clockwork Orange is not banned anymore at least...
Many films were banned in Europe and the UK, and it wasn't just the "PC" culture but conservatism and religious organizations that did so. There was a list called, "The Video Nasties". Google it.

As a matter of fact religious and conservative efforts have banned more films and music than anything else.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 10:38 AM   #113
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Books are banned. Movies are banned. TV shows are censored. Music is edited. It all has NOTHING to do with PC. It has everything to do with conservatism, racism, and sexism. PC is different IMO.

I find the censoring of music to be soooo odd in this country. Like why can't people say the word "cocaine" in a single line, but Eric Clapton has an entire song played on many stations that says and is all about cocaine? What the what?
Growing up I always knew a new Harry Potter book came out because be protests at local library to ban it as religious groups worried turning kids into wizards and witches!

I associate "PC" with being hyper sensitive more than I do with folks banning or being offended by edgy material. It can be hard to know as language changes what is or is not appropriate. As a kid we called each other "retard" to mean "fool" or doing something stupid, now I now people consider it a slur. Same as going to Scotland and hearing people say "----" like nothing and than gasping when I said "spaz" which means nothing here.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 11:53 PM   #114
MKS
Nightwing

I expected to like it more than I did based on so many good reviews. I liked it, but would say 7/10 tops for me.
MKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 06:54 AM   #115
Vracula
Jedi Order

I saw it a week ago and am still not sure what to make of it. It’s far better than the first one . That was just trash and the lack of of Leto Joker was a big plus but… I can’t put my finger on it but i wasn’t satisfied. I really like James Gunn as a director, his movies are stylish and comedic and has great music , GOTG 1 is one of my fav superhero movies ever. But just like GOTG2 I think he could have done better with either the pacing or the narrative or something.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 07:56 PM   #116
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Finally found time to sit and watch. I liked the casting and found it to be so much better than the last Suicide Squad. Honestly though, I do not like any of the writing for any Harley Quinn in any of the movies. Maybe they just try to hard to make her cutesy psycho, but I really find her grating. Margo Robbie always looks flawless and does a great job with the physical action for Harley, but the writing is just too much even for an intentional over the top character.

I did NOT find any fun in the wording to lay out where we were. Too blatant and unnecessary. Once or twice, sure. Didn’t need it with the frequency it was used. Music was great , King Shark was a blast, and I adore Idris (even moreso when he gets to use his voice).

7/10. Might be better with a second watch.
Old 08-29-2021, 09:22 PM   #117
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Oh I should also say - I think Viola Davis is still perfectly casted as Amanda Waller. She’s as great and commanding as Sam Jackson is as Fury.
Old 08-29-2021, 10:27 PM   #118
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Oh I should also say - I think Viola Davis is still perfectly casted as Amanda Waller. She’s as great and commanding as Sam Jackson is as Fury.
Totally agree, but I have to say, making her a bit too incompetent in this second movie, I was not a fan of, and really brought the film down a notch for me. She's supposed to be able to go toe to toe with Batman, mentally.....
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 08:04 AM   #119
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Only knowing of Waller through a handful of comics, cartoons, and these DC films, I was unaware she was as crafty as Batman. Interesting. She sure is scarier than he is on film.
Old 08-30-2021, 08:34 AM   #120
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Totally agree, but I have to say, making her a bit too incompetent in this second movie, I was not a fan of, and really brought the film down a notch for me. She's supposed to be able to go toe to toe with Batman, mentally.....
yeah she was made out to be a total punk in this movie, aside from that it was a pretty pleasant surprise. 7.5/10 for me
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote