Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-19-2017, 10:12 PM   #1411
BDoggWhite
Birdman

I was tinkering with my LED lights and thought he looked even more foreboding. Red from the bottom, blue from the top. They make his eyes seem to be glowing/lit up. Sorry, my phone doesn't take the best pics in this light.

BDoggWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 10:26 PM   #1412
Shadowfax
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDoggWhite View Post
Here are a couple of fresh-out-of-the-box pics along with The Trinity. EX #189 (Got on waitlist Dec 17, notified of conversion Jan. 5) I haven't seen pics of Darkseid with these three yet, so I thought it might be helpful for those of you on the fence.

looks too small...Bats actually looks bigger...silly Sideshow
does anyone have pics of him with Sinestro, Joker etc..if i buy, i will display with DC villains
Shadowfax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 11:56 PM   #1413
Comicbookguy
Hercules

For the money they could've used glass effect eyes to make this cooler. He's ok, just not worth the amount I paid imo. Way too simple in terms of paint apps, and details. But I'm going to keep him until I see prime 1.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 01:27 AM   #1414
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHulk View Post
So this is a question for all DC fans ... Is Lobo supposed to be bigger than Darkseid? Darkseid is bigger in the comics, no?
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 01:30 AM   #1415
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
So this is a question for all DC fans ... Is Lobo supposed to be bigger than Darkseid? Darkseid is bigger in the comics, no?
Twice the size for all big guys would be best like darksied, bane, doomsday, all hulks, etc. all the battle dioramas looks perfect in character comparisons. For example the hulk vs wolverine, spidey vs hulk, superman vs doomsday and so on. But to be fair depends on what artists you like drawing him. In the very early comics he was this size. But the newer comics he's double the size as reg size. Not talking about new 52 massive sizing.
Old 01-20-2017, 01:42 AM   #1416
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
For the money they could've used glass effect eyes to make this cooler. He's ok, just not worth the amount I paid imo. Way too simple in terms of paint apps, and details. But I'm going to keep him until I see prime 1.
how much did you pay?
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 02:01 AM   #1417
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
how much did you pay?
Bought from SS
Old 01-20-2017, 11:25 AM   #1418
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

On the bright side the ES is low.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 12:15 PM   #1419
Joppula
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Darkseid should dwarf Lobo.

The statue:
Exceptionally smaller, less detail, and only $100.00 more than Lobo!

What a steal.

I'm bitter about Darkseid. They really phoned him in. He's sure not getting the 'Thanos on the Throne' treatment.

And if they wanted to make the little 1970's Darkseid, they should've priced him accordingly. $600.00 for this is a joke by today's standards. Much less a year ago. He should've realistically been like $50.00 more than Superman, roughly $500.00. At least that would've matched Lobo, a vastly superior piece that sold for $100.00 less.

Again, I'm bitter because Darkseid deserved better.
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 04:26 PM   #1420
gomur
The Tick

I don't mind Darkseid's size myself. I grew up reading comics where he was about this size in relation to Supes. However, I am VERY put off by the ultra hollow base. You seriously just tap the bottom and it feels like your finger will go through. Like maybe the thick sticker of a bottom label is all that's there.

And it makes me wonder, if larger characters justify higher prices - but the material is skimped on - then what are we paying the extra $$$ for?

Not that the base needed to weigh 15 pounds, but it is alarming how hollow/light it feels.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote