Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-20-2016, 09:11 PM   #1011
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by danteipp View Post
So, what you are saying, is that we should all be getting at least two EXs now?
LOL, I'm not saying anything Just pointing out that I don't think a pupil'less hair-flaring head is the best option for a green or white custom, that's all
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 09:56 PM   #1012
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
LOL, I'm not saying anything Just pointing out that I don't think a pupil'less hair-flaring head is the best option for a green or white custom, that's all
I agree with what you're (not) saying. I'd favor the EX head for a white/green variant. Although you could always add pupils to the regular head and it would soften the overall look.

Part of me is happy that SS isn't doing variants on Phoenix. I'd much rather have resources and time spent on new characters. At least it's not a terribly difficult alteration for those interested.

Although the hypocrite in me did like having a Green Lantern Sinestro. Wait, who said that??
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 10:40 PM   #1013
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
I agree with what you're (not) saying. I'd favor the EX head for a white/green variant. Although you could always add pupils to the regular head and it would soften the overall look.

Part of me is happy that SS isn't doing variants on Phoenix. I'd much rather have resources and time spent on new characters. At least it's not a terribly difficult alteration for those interested.

Although the hypocrite in me did like having a Green Lantern Sinestro. Wait, who said that??
Was that made official? Did Sideshow actually come out and say that there will be no variants for Dark Phoenix?
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 10:48 PM   #1014
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
Was that made official? Did Sideshow actually come out and say that there will be no variants for Dark Phoenix?
Yea, i asked, and on that day my heart was broken.http://www.statueforum.com/showthrea...40254&page=463
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 10:52 PM   #1015
enigmatikone
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
No variants

http://www.statueforum.com/showpost....&postcount=284
enigmatikone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 10:57 PM   #1016
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
Yea, i asked, and on that day my heart was broken.http://www.statueforum.com/showthrea...40254&page=463
Yours and mine both. Thats a damn shame and really doesnt make any sense given Sideshow's recent stance on variants. If there was any statue that was ripe for a variant, it was Dark Phoenix.

That just really bums me out. I really wanted to avoid having to buy 2 and go the alternate paint app route. Just a damn shame!!
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 11:04 PM   #1017
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
I would think the EX portrait would be more desirable for a green or white variant/custom.
Oh, you gotta buy at least one exclusive to pull it off. No question. I am talking about customizing regulars to green or white.

The regular is the one people would customize so sales on that version should benefit.
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 11:30 PM   #1018
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by danteipp View Post
So, what you are saying, is that we should all be getting at least two EXs now?
I'm trying to get 3 ex's lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidLiquidFox View Post
Oh, you gotta buy at least one exclusive to pull it off. No question. I am talking about customizing regulars to green or white.

The regular is the one people would customize so sales on that version should benefit.
Customizing the regs if def the way to go, though they look so good as is i wouldn't even wanna mess with em.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 12:40 AM   #1019
Peedi
The Secret Six

No variants...

But I'm thinking, the Classic Catwoman PF isn't considered a variant as it was designed to mirror the Modern Catwoman PF.

Maybe that could be done with a Phoenix PF?

If they did that I'd still keep this Dark Phoenix and wouldn't buy Phoenix because my XM is enough... but if they did a white variant of a mirror posed Phoenix...I'd be all in.

Wishful thinking but if this could be true it'd be awesome for us all. They never said they weren't doing a Phoenix at all. They just said no variants.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 05:39 AM   #1020
jcasalone
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I'm sorry, but you guys really crack me up with the cognitive dissonance. All the time pior to Phoenix moaning over variants and now that phoneix doesn't have them, it is an outrage. Guys, never change haha.
jcasalone is offline   Reply With Quote