Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 12-01-2023, 09:56 AM   #111
67L88Stingray
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
While cool, that?s going to be a really hard sell. We don?t see even life size Silicone pieces with flexible anything lol. I guess these will be pretty limited in pose-ability, which is usually a pretty big deal to the 1/6 base.
Queen showed off that Terminator bust that moved the head, I expect to see more like that in the future. Shouldn't be that hard to add a metal skeleton underneath to give it some structure and allow posing.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2023, 06:58 PM   #112
Hobbyist
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocomonk22 View Post
They just showed that Al Pacino figure to demonstrate the technology for the Kojun Works brand launch. The first character under the new brand is teased in the last shot.
I see. Thanks for the info. So it will be the Joker then.
Hobbyist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2023, 11:20 PM   #113
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Queen showed off that Terminator bust that moved the head, I expect to see more like that in the future. Shouldn't be that hard to add a metal skeleton underneath to give it some structure and allow posing.
It?s not a matter of possibility of making something like that, it?s how can they make that stand the test of time? They do that stuff for movies, but they seem to deteriorate quickly. It would be very high risk to buy something like that. I?m sure there are plenty willing to take the risk.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2023, 08:42 AM   #114
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niek Spruijt
'There are various kinds of silicone, but the paint remains the same' - James
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2023, 12:19 PM   #115
67L88Stingray
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
It?s not a matter of possibility of making something like that, it?s how can they make that stand the test of time? They do that stuff for movies, but they seem to deteriorate quickly. It would be very high risk to buy something like that. I?m sure there are plenty willing to take the risk.
Props are usually not made with quality materials to save money; they are not meant to last. That is one of the main reasons I don't have many screen used pieces, most look like junk in real life.

Provided they are actually giving us premium silicone on these busts and statues, this stuff should last 30+ years no problem.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2023, 07:21 AM   #116
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by JND
We?re launching a new brand under the umbrella of JND Studios!

KOJUN Works will be focused on premium 1:6 scale articulated figures production, bringing collectors amazing new patented technology applied to the already amazing likeness and unique expressions of the JND Studios line up to totally disrupt and transform the action-figure game forever.

Joker thread here.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2023, 07:26 AM   #117
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
Looks like a real hand.
Who'd have thought 1/6 scale could be pushed as far as it is.
I cannot imagine the flexi fingers looking in good shape in years to come.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2023, 01:21 AM   #118
PoisonPixie
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I think this thread is the best place for this post being a JND general topic not specific to one statue.
So I’ve been curious and wanted to ask everyone here, how do you display your JND statues and what does everyone think is actually best? I see comments a lot about preservation due to the silicon and off gassing smell. So I’m curious everybody’s thoughts. Do you prefer the glass/acrylic case that airtight encloses down over the statue. Door opening display case that essentially wouldn’t be completely air tight. Or out free in the air with dusting as required?
PoisonPixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2023, 10:59 AM   #119
pdenham
Teen Titans

I was wondering how they were going to manage a "skeleton" inside these tiny hands- outside of simply using a thin gauge of armature wire.

Based on what Daniel is saying in the newest video today, I think they still are too.

It sounds like the owners for this first figure are going to be beta testers to see how long these can maintain their integrity.
Because of that they are offering one replacement of the hands, should any issues develop- which I guess is likely to be the internal wire breaking though the skin at some point.

I'm still not clear on if these fully articulated hands are offered in each configuration (which Daniel seemed to say initially), or just in the premium "C" config.
Because it sounds like it's only the people who purchase the C set (available only direct from JND) who can take advantage of that replacement offer if they need to.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2023, 12:27 PM   #120
Hobbyist
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Is JND not going to release photos of the Joker figure itself before Dec 15?
Hobbyist is offline   Reply With Quote