Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 11-05-2018, 01:11 PM   #651
Xoras
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
I feel like people forget no company out there is really trying these types of sculpts to begin with . Sucks there are some issues but looking at how crazy detailed this piece is some may slip through the cracks or damage on shipping. I don’t understand why people post stupid comments like I cancelled all my other XMs because of this . Ridiculous !
Sorry for my stupid comment...

I give XM 1 only chance with this statue.
Why? I'm not rich enough for buy statues like candy. My choices are very selective. I'm not satisfied with the quality/price and YOU you say it's ridiculous i cancelled my others orders from this company??? I do what i want with my money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Why accept a piece that has QC issues? I would request a replacement or ask for a refund and buy it from someone else... From what I've seen on the boards and facebook the QC issues have been pretty rare on this piece, so you have good odds to get a good one....

Also I've seen a few QC problems with Prime 1 statues also, few Arkham Batman statues I saw had some sloppy paint in a few areas when this statue first came out... Even a couple of my Ninja Turtles had a few minor issues... Like I said no company is perfect... If you want perfection this is the wrong hobby to be in. But I do agree if a statue has obvious QC issues then get a refund...
Yes it's a good point for you. On the moment i was stupid to accept this piece.
But on the other side if i can paint GK, i can do some paint adjustment and today i have others projects with this statue.

Quote:
Yeah is it Stupid? Three people followed me in stating they had great pieces and I also stated that XMs customer service is top shelf . They will take care of it . He still ranted about his other orders he’d cancelled if he even had them who knows? Sideshow has been ripping people off for years on crap quality and repeat statues of characters . It seems they are more starstruck these days producing movie star likenesses than they are caring about fans wants . Not stupid at all.

Let’s get serious these are hand painted sculptures and there will be flaws here and there it’s not a Rolex factory ok.

Go McGregor!!!!!
You're right, if it was a Rolex Factory, statues would be perfect.

I did a little review of this Ivy but it's on a french forum and pictures are locked if you're not registred.

http://www.marvelscustoms.net/t27428...-studio-review

If someone is interresting i can try to translat this with the pictures and all.
Xoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 01:38 PM   #652
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

If you’re not happy contact XM or your seller for a replacement I guarantee they will fix this situation . I apologize for any harsh words I just feel like members here gave you best solutions we could . I don’t think you should give up on a company for some flaws.
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 03:25 PM   #653
Xoras
Fantastic Four

Quote:
If you’re not happy contact XM or your seller for a replacement I guarantee they will fix this situation . I apologize for any harsh words I just feel like members here gave you best solutions we could . I don’t think you should give up on a company for some flaws.
No problem
Old 11-05-2018, 10:10 PM   #654
Professor
A day without sunshine is like... night.

My .02

I guess you missed this part of my post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor View Post
Once again love the concept and design of this statue and I expect to get the paint issue and broken flower taken care of. But for the price I paid i'm highly disappointed in my first XM preorder.
The point being for a company that name is based on QC and charges a premium price for it I'm disappointed. If I'm paying a premium price i expect that premium quality. I'm not apologizing for my honest opinion and view because that what forums are for. But i noticed that everybody in this thread that pointed out an issue or dislike with there statue they were apologizing for having to point it out. And its interesting how your first go to was to make excuses for the issues instead of saying damn i hate to hear that and telling me how to get it fixed. For those that gave advice thanks and yes I did get my statue from a reputable seller that is already working to fix my problems.

For those XM zealots it is what it is and I expect that no matter what you will defend them just like the SS zealots and prime 1 zealots.
Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 12:55 PM   #655
Xoras
Fantastic Four

My Ivy 2.0.

I change some things on the base, painted vegetal flaws on the body, rework the ombrela for a display with geisha head , minor flaws on the heads and others little things i forgot...

It's not a ultimate masterpiece but today i'm happy to display her.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010350 - Copie.JPG
Views:	177
Size:	776.4 KB
ID:	122351   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010311.JPG
Views:	168
Size:	255.9 KB
ID:	122352   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010318.JPG
Views:	170
Size:	424.8 KB
ID:	122353   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010324.JPG
Views:	173
Size:	547.2 KB
ID:	122354   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010340.JPG
Views:	171
Size:	564.3 KB
ID:	122355  

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010341.JPG
Views:	172
Size:	622.4 KB
ID:	122356   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010348.JPG
Views:	165
Size:	637.6 KB
ID:	122357   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010378.JPG
Views:	166
Size:	717.2 KB
ID:	122358   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010390.JPG
Views:	170
Size:	436.4 KB
ID:	122359  
Old 03-31-2019, 01:07 PM   #656
risingstar
Jedi Order

Awesome statue. Love this one!
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 02:41 PM   #657
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Wow the details are stunning!
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 02:57 PM   #658
ukshaun
Hercules

@Xoras Good photo's!
It makes a change to see statues outside.

I've only ever taken a statue outside once to photograph, and that was The Walking Dead - Michonne
http://www.statueforum.com/showthrea...147668&page=17
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 03:54 PM   #659
The STATUARY
Fantastic Four

Beautiful Ivy.
The STATUARY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 09:10 PM   #660
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by The STATUARY View Post