Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Old 08-31-2006, 08:43 AM   #1
misanthrope
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Today my son plays his first ever J.H.S. football game!

he insisted that i tell my friends at statueforum! he will be the starting offensive tackle and back-up noseguard for the 7th grade Ripley,Ms football tigers. any words of advice for pre-game jitters, sportsmanship, or technique would be appreciated. this first game is against last years state runner-up and nobody (but the kids) expects a victory. im so nervous i cant stand it! my son is one of the biggest on the team, hes squatting 130 and benching 75 and thats no small feat for the 7th graders. this is, without a doubt, the proudest ive ever been of him. the gold medal at the science fair was awesome but he didnt get to clobber anybody. today that changes
congratulations buddy! youve made me very proud and i love you! mom says put a hat on somebody!!!
misanthrope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 11:04 AM   #2
Sniper
Objectivo Bastardo

Great news and congrats to you're son on his position
once he sets in his first formation and blocks all his jitters will leave, after that its all about having fun and kicking the crap out of someone !
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 11:34 AM   #3
devlinboy
Official Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by misanthrope
he insisted that i tell my friends at statueforum! he will be the starting offensive tackle and back-up noseguard for the 7th grade Ripley,Ms football tigers. any words of advice for pre-game jitters, sportsmanship, or technique would be appreciated. this first game is against last years state runner-up and nobody (but the kids) expects a victory. im so nervous i cant stand it! my son is one of the biggest on the team, hes squatting 130 and benching 75 and thats no small feat for the 7th graders. this is, without a doubt, the proudest ive ever been of him. the gold medal at the science fair was awesome but he didnt get to clobber anybody. today that changes
congratulations buddy! youve made me very proud and i love you! mom says put a hat on somebody!!!
thats awesome, tell him to never get discouraged and keep his hands inside the de's so he doesnt get holding penalties.
devlinboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 11:37 AM   #4
misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by devlinboy
thats awesome, tell him to never get discouraged and keep his hands inside the de's so he doesnt get holding penalties.
man, the coach freaks out about holding flags. 25 hills the first time, 50 the next...
Old 08-31-2006, 11:40 AM   #5
misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Great news and congrats to you're son on his position
once he sets in his first formation and blocks all his jitters will leave, after that its all about having fun and kicking the crap out of someone !
thats what im talkin about. fear will get you hurt. once he feels real game contact his fear will be replaced by respect for fundamentals.
Old 08-31-2006, 11:43 AM   #6
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

That is AWESOME misanthrope! Congrats - your pride is beeming! I coach my two daughter's soccer teams so I understand your pride. They are only 6 and 3 right now but I can envision them running on the field at more advanced age levels (if they decide to keep playing).

I suggest you keep this thread going and update us on his games. I for one would be interested to keep track of his season. The football season diary thread!
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 11:43 AM   #7
devlinboy
Official Thread Killer

i think he will do fine, jitters are normal..practice prepares you better than you think. just tell him to think about his qb being your most precious statue..and dont let anyone near it lol
Old 08-31-2006, 11:56 AM   #8
misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by devlinboy
i think he will do fine, jitters are normal..practice prepares you better than you think. just tell him to think about his qb being your most precious statue..and dont let anyone near it lol
its funny you should mention that. my bd bm on gargoyle has several chips along the cape courtesy of my not-so-gracefull offensive tackle perhaps ill offer a different motivational tool. he wanted a mohawk in the third grade an i told him straight AAA,s on his reportcard would buy that mohawk...hes the only 3rd grdr in Ms. to ever have a mohawk in the school yearbook.
Old 08-31-2006, 12:00 PM   #9
devlinboy
Official Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by misanthrope
its funny you should mention that. my bd bm on gargoyle has several chips along the cape courtesy of my not-so-gracefull offensive tackle perhaps ill offer a different motivational tool. he wanted a mohawk in the third grade an i told him straight AAA,s on his reportcard would buy that mohawk...hes the only 3rd grdr in Ms. to ever have a mohawk in the school yearbook.

lol thats too funny, ok we'll have to think of another strategy..
Old 08-31-2006, 12:05 PM   #10
misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeGiant
That is AWESOME misanthrope! Congrats - your pride is beeming! I coach my two daughter's soccer teams so I understand your pride. They are only 6 and 3 right now but I can envision them running on the field at more advanced age levels (if they decide to keep playing).

I suggest you keep this thread going and update us on his games. I for one would be interested to keep track of his season. The football season diary thread!
thanks JG! soccer is pretty tough and its never to early to be active. my daughter wants to play as well but shes kinda mean. maybe ill send her to JGs soccer camp for mean little girls