Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 08-03-2014, 10:42 PM   #11
Simplyrob
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mqhuynh View Post
I'm waiting for the next HC to come out. Anybody know when that will be?
i think the ultimate collection hc #9 actually drops this week, along with #113.
Simplyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 11:39 PM   #12
ickwinzs
The Rock
Adamantium Plus Member

I am waiting for the tpb # 20. Like you every other year or so I reread the series. Its always just as good!
Old 08-04-2014, 12:10 AM   #13
Simplyrob

Quote:
Originally Posted by ickwinzs View Post
I am waiting for the tpb # 20. Like you every other year or so I reread the series. Its always just as good!
this year was a little different. i picked up the 2 compendiums for my bday in june. they go up through 96. i read the tpbs through 108 and then a few single issues to the present. weird doing it that way (3 separate forms). i did mark the pages i had this time around which made it fun. i tabbed the pages i have with yellow, the blue tabs are pages i want (a $hitload), and the lone pink tab is my top ISO.

i do really love the tpb's. there is so much discussion about pages that i own and the difficulties that Kirkman/Ottley/Walker had with them. the compendiums don't have all that extra jazz.
Old 08-07-2014, 03:18 PM   #14
Juggernaut
The Falcon

I collect the oversized library editions.

I am waiting for volume 4 to be announced.

One of my favorites comics.
Juggernaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 06:00 PM   #15
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

I have read almost all of the books and I own them on digital media, but I have never become a fan of the series. Call me weird or crazy but it has never grown on me. It started slow but then got interesting. Later on, it became so melodramatic that I couldn't stand it anymore. The art has gotten better and better over the years though.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 08:53 PM   #16
Simplyrob

Man, last issue read fast! Kirkman must've been busy with something else. Still great stuff, just wish there had been more!
Old 08-10-2014, 06:07 PM   #17
Leon
WHITE & NERDY

Love this book, it's been a solid read from the beginning
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 04:25 PM   #18
Simplyrob

been 2 months since last issue, new issue still 2 weeks out. they had to switch colorists.
Old 01-30-2015, 01:24 PM   #19
Simplyrob

Hey guys. Just a heads up. The March issue is only going to be .25! A great hopping on point if anyone is looking for a good read. I ordered 40 and am gonna pass them out at the shop!
Old 06-15-2015, 11:58 PM   #20
woozie0
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Ok I've heard almost nothing but praise for this book, and not just that, very high praise (i.e. one of the best superhero books ever written).

I finally got around to picking it up and I'm really not seeing what all the hype is about (just finished issue 17). I want to like it, and I'm dying to see what people love so much about it, but to be honest I find it boring most of the time. Aside from a few significant/major plot twists, I find myself wondering why a lot of the events that take place are even written about since they seem inconsequential - almost like filler. I thought it might be for character development and to immerse the reader into the world that they live in, but I'm still not seeing much depth to the majority of the characters, nor am I very interested in getting to know them based on these minor, inconsequential events.

Is this series supposed to be a "slower burn"? Is the first 17 issues a good gauge of what the rest of the series is like? Am I an issue or two away from this series really taking off, or has it already established it's pace?
woozie0 is offline   Reply With Quote