Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Anime/Manga

Old 02-17-2014, 08:59 PM   #1
TheYoungWolf
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Good Smile Company's Colossal Titan statue - Attack on Titan(SnK)

So, a ton of companies went to Japan's Winter Wonder Festival with their A-game, showcasing some really awesome Attack on Titan(Shingeki no Kyojin) figures/statues. Among them was Good Smile Company's Colossal Titan, but there wasn't really a whole lot of information about the statue itself, just an environmental display alongside some Figma figures from the series.

Luckily GSC made an appearance at the New York Toy Fair to offer a better look and some more information.

-this is only the prototype/WIP, paint and sculpt are not final

-stands somewhere between 18"-20" tall with a "wingspan" to match(which would make it roughly 1/120th scale if you're familiar with the character)

-this statue is/was used as the model for both the live action movie scheduled for release in 2015 as well as the Subaru commercial that aired in Japan a few weeks ago: http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=p...layer_embedded

(Source: http://www.plastikitty.com/home/toy-...statue-gallery)

Attack on Titan doesn't get much attention on this forum in comparison to a few other forums I frequent(understandably so), but I figured I'd share in case anyone else here was also interested.

What amazes me is that despite the Titan's notoriously exaggerated limbs and crude appearance, the musculature is actually incredibly accurate when looking at shape, position, extension/retraction, etc. relative to motion and human anatomy.
TheYoungWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 09:54 PM   #2
Luminous
Cyclops

Incredible detail. That's going to take up a lot of real estate in someone's display area.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 05:51 PM   #3
Liad
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

This is a great representation of the colossal titan, but I hope they do some work on the face. I don't recall those noodle veins on his face. Get it painted up in the proper colors, and this will be a really cool centerpiece though!
Liad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 08:35 PM   #4
TheYoungWolf
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liad View Post
This is a great representation of the colossal titan, but I hope they do some work on the face. I don't recall those noodle veins on his face. Get it painted up in the proper colors, and this will be a really cool centerpiece though!
While Aki-san(CEO) did state that the sculpt has yet to be finished, I believe the veins are here to stay. The film/commercial depiction of the Colossal Titan is pretty stylized in comparison to both the anime and manga counterparts. I'm assuming to make him appear that much more intimidating.

It'll be interesting to see how they handle the paint application.
Old 02-21-2014, 03:23 AM   #5
TheYoungWolf

Word is that he'll set you back a little over $600. Definitely a tough pill to swallow.. As it stands, it'll be a reluctant pass for me but I certainly have the capacity to be swayed if the time of release is right.
Old 03-08-2014, 07:35 PM   #6
WarMachine
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

any souls have any info if this is eventually going to be released for sale?

WarMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 11:02 AM   #7
cuhan
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liad View Post
It's sculpted by Takeya. This Colossal Titan is his version.
All his sculpt are different than the original materials.
He always put some crazy details on it. That's what makes him really famous I guess. Ppl really dig on his vision.
cuhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 04:22 PM   #8
7onyMustDive
Doh!

Took some photos of the painted statue at Anime Expo 2014. Think it's the first time ever shown painted. Soo amazing!! everyone stopped to look at it, think I'm gonna get it.

7onyMustDive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 10:58 PM   #9
WarMachine
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I would sell all my statues just to have this one Colossal Titan statue

how many monies would a statue like this cost?

WarMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 01:38 PM   #10
7onyMustDive
Doh!

probably 600-800usd, it's a huge statue. Lowest I see is in the 500usd range, or it could be more than 800. I heard it's a very limited "Special" statue from the people manning the booth....whatever that means.
7onyMustDive is offline   Reply With Quote