Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 10-18-2013, 12:20 PM   #31
MikeNegin
The Spirit

As many of you know, my goal for the NYCC charity art auction this year was $30,000...I wanted to break the $100,000 as our cumulative total for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital....AND WE BLEW IT AWAY!!!

We raised a total of $34,670 for the St. Jude!! I was truly blown away by all the extremely generous contributions from the artists! They truly went above & beyond!

In the last 2 years, Re...edPOP has raised $104,610! That’s just AMAZING! There is no other way to describe it! ! I am very proud of this accomplishment and I could not have done it without all of the artists that generously donate to the art auction every year! It means a great deal to me that we are able to help contribute to this incredibly worth cause and help so many children!

Every penny raised goes towards helping these children....some of the highlights of this years actions were :

Batman # 694 cover donated by Tony Daniel (Raised $925)
Wolverine Color Sketch donated by Jim Cheung (Raised $1,000)
Death Pin-up donated by Jay Anacleto (Raised $1,500)
Thor fighting Malekith the Accursed Sketch donated by Walt Simonson (Raised $2,200)
Captain Mavel Painting donated by Adam Hughes (Raised $9,000)

I want to also thank some of the folks who help support the auction.....

Steve Borock, auctioneer supreme and my partner-in-crime...I truly could not do it without him!
Allison Sohn for all her help, support and amazing advice!
Bill Cox & Jeffrey Vaughn for all their support and promotion for the auction (every time, without hesitation)!
..and my team on the ground, who helped me put the auction together onsite,

Drew Cheskin, Charles Kibby, Tara Jefferson, Jesse Yu, Johanna Moore, Katie Enos...and especially Chris Malico, who has been there from the beginning and always gives 110% to make the auction run smoothly!

And finally, I want to thank all the folks who came down to support the auction and bid on some wonderful artwork! You guys ROCK!!!!

FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART, THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO PARTICIPATED! ARTISTS! BIDDERS! STAFF! CREW! YOU ALL ROCK!

See you next time!

All the best!
MikeNegin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 10:57 AM   #32
predaking007
Death is hereditary.

Great work, Mike. Looking forward to next year and maybe c2e2 before.

Best,
Larry
predaking007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 07:01 PM   #33
Edward-G
Frackin!

Will there be another auction this year? That'd be awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNegin View Post
As many of you know, my goal for the NYCC charity art auction this year was $30,000...I wanted to break the $100,000 as our cumulative total for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital....AND WE BLEW IT AWAY!!!

We raised a total of $34,670 for the St. Jude!! I was truly blown away by all the extremely generous contributions from the artists! They truly went above & beyond!

In the last 2 years, Re...edPOP has raised $104,610! That’s just AMAZING! There is no other way to describe it! ! I am very proud of this accomplishment and I could not have done it without all of the artists that generously donate to the art auction every year! It means a great deal to me that we are able to help contribute to this incredibly worth cause and help so many children!

Every penny raised goes towards helping these children....some of the highlights of this years actions were :

Batman # 694 cover donated by Tony Daniel (Raised $925)
Wolverine Color Sketch donated by Jim Cheung (Raised $1,000)
Death Pin-up donated by Jay Anacleto (Raised $1,500)
Thor fighting Malekith the Accursed Sketch donated by Walt Simonson (Raised $2,200)
Captain Mavel Painting donated by Adam Hughes (Raised $9,000)

I want to also thank some of the folks who help support the auction.....

Steve Borock, auctioneer supreme and my partner-in-crime...I truly could not do it without him!
Allison Sohn for all her help, support and amazing advice!
Bill Cox & Jeffrey Vaughn for all their support and promotion for the auction (every time, without hesitation)!
..and my team on the ground, who helped me put the auction together onsite,

Drew Cheskin, Charles Kibby, Tara Jefferson, Jesse Yu, Johanna Moore, Katie Enos...and especially Chris Malico, who has been there from the beginning and always gives 110% to make the auction run smoothly!

And finally, I want to thank all the folks who came down to support the auction and bid on some wonderful artwork! You guys ROCK!!!!

FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART, THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO PARTICIPATED! ARTISTS! BIDDERS! STAFF! CREW! YOU ALL ROCK!

See you next time!

All the best!
Edward-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 09:01 PM   #34
Underdog07
Hercules

Yes. The Saturday night of the show.
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 01:29 PM   #35
carlito1978
Hellfire Club

charity pieces are up: