Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 09-24-2005, 12:30 PM   #11
Doc Sonic
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Two questions:

1) Is the MR Collection club worth the price ( if only for the exculsive saber alone ). I wouldn't plan on using any of the other discounts the club offers ( except for maybe a FX saber)

2) Is eBay the best place to buy the .45's? Or, directly from MR.?
Doc Sonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 12:32 PM   #12
Zurbaran1
Mod Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Sonic
Two questions:

1) Is the MR Collection club worth the price ( if only for the exculsive saber alone ). I wouldn't plan on using any of the other discounts the club offers ( except for maybe a FX saber)

2) Is eBay the best place to buy the .45's? Or, directly from MR.?
I don't know what the prices are on eBay. You should check them. You'll probably do a little better than from MR on the ones that are still available.

Yes, the Collector Club membership is worth it just for the saber alone. It's nice to get the additional discounts and exclusives but I doubt I will be using them either.
Zurbaran1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 12:41 PM   #13
Krypton Knight
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

The CC is worth the price. You could use 2 of the 6 discount coupons to get $10 off of two more .45 sabers each.

I've got the whole set as well and even got lucky enough to get a gold Yoda saber at Comic-Con. The dark chrome sabers are actually pretty cool looking. As for the weathered Obi-Wan that can go for some insane money, it was a UK exclusive that was limited to 2500 (I believe) with Wal-Mart.com getting 500 of them. They went pretty fast.

As for the best place to get them, that's up to you. To get some of the early ones, yeah, you might have to go to Ebay. I order directly through MR, but they have offered the .45 sabers in Previews in the so you could always order them through your LCS and maybe even get it at a discount if your LCS offers one.
Krypton Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 12:43 PM   #14
Doc Sonic
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Know of any place with a complete list of all the .45's so I can see what I've been missing?
Old 09-24-2005, 12:46 PM   #15
Krypton Knight
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Sonic
Know of any place with a complete list of all the .45's so I can see what I've been missing?
http://www.baptiewright.com/MRCR/index.php

Click on the Prop Matrix link and then on Scaled Replicas.
Krypton Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 12:51 PM   #16
d rod
Xtreme Sports Master
Administrator

i've been selling them since the beggining and never displayed them. then when sniper and galactus bought the complete sets from me, they got me into them. they look really nice. they're small and inexpensive which makes them great for display purposes.
now, you can get the display cases alone as well. as wook said, you should be able to get them for just under $35. those who sell them for $25 are taking a good loss so that's great if you can get it for that price.
d rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 12:58 PM   #17
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxbeard
Yeah, they are great. I have several. You can usually find most for around $25 - $30. The only criticism I have of them is that MR is going the way of GG. They are flooding the market with variants and I have been losing interest quick, but to each their own.
I tried to avoid this by only collecting the pieces which actually appeared in the films. This way, no Chrome, Dark Chrome or Gold pieces for me. Krypton Knight was VERY cool and hooked me up with an extra Weathered Obi-Wan mini he had. I joined the Collectors Society to get the Darth Maul saber which is awsome and well worth the price. All in all, I give these pieces a big thumbs up.

In terms of where to buy them, go with Drod and Comicstatues.com.
galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 08:20 PM   #18
Sniper
Objectivo Bastardo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sith lord utinni!
I would like to get a complete set of all the regular sabers, NO Variants! But I can't find them for decent prices anywhere, especially the older ones. What is the freakin' deal with the obi weathered one, it used to be around $50 and now its like $150!! Its freakin .45 scaled!!!!!!!!!!!
please I am trying to get my hands on a weathered obi wan for my collection
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 10:26 AM   #19
darthrobbler
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I have all of them and the variants. I am a junkie of this stuff. The variants do start to turn you off after a while though. The line is awesome and I highly reccommend you get them.
darthrobbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 10:32 AM   #20
Doc Sonic
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Thanks for everyone's opinions. I going to go ahead a pick a few up!