Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 11-15-2019, 11:44 AM   #641
komodo112
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronos1919 View Post
Regular shows as "almost sold out."

Just ordered one. I missed out on the EX but it still seems like a great statue even without the alternate head sculpt.
I'm literally in the same boat. I wanted the EX but my waitlist never converted.

I ended up ordering this piece several weeks ago myself because it looks too good to miss. Overall, it looks like a great statue and honestly based on its story, I'd probably display the regular pieces the most.
komodo112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 03:06 PM   #642
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

I prefer the collector head...

But I like the boxing glove even though it has a weight balance issue...

A good piece to add a DC line even if you just get the regular.
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 03:18 PM   #643
FJC
Midnighter

I was lucky, my WL for the EX converted months ago. While I do like the EX portrait, the REG portrait reminds so much of the Mike Grell GA stories I read as a kid. I have him displayed with the REG portrait and think the piece looks phenomenal. I can't see anyone who buys this PF having any regrets regardless if you get the EX or REG. Both absolutely ROCK imo. On a personal level, I think this is the best statue Sideshow has released since the Thanos MAQ.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 11:16 PM   #644
built2shred
Phoenix

I scored a pretty good deal on a new regular version during an eBay Auction, $470 shipped... I also scored a new regular version Supergirl PF for $400 shipped.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 12:51 PM   #645
chronos1919
Nightwing

UPS should be dropping him off today. I'm really looking forward to this one but also super trepidatious (IE is convinced that's not a word) since it's sold out. I'm guessing the likelihood of a replacement part(s) or statue is completely out of the question.
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 01:42 PM   #646
komodo112
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
UPS should be dropping him off today. I'm really looking forward to this one but also super trepidatious (IE is convinced that's not a word) since it's sold out. I'm guessing the likelihood of a replacement part(s) or statue is completely out of the question.
The part with the draw bridge had a defect on mine.

Reached out to Sideshow (after the piece was sold out) and they shipped out a replacement part to me (no issues)

Its a great statue. Really happy with it.
komodo112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 07:26 PM   #647
chronos1919
Nightwing

Oh boy... where to even start with this one.

There is a piece of water that had broken off the base and was glued back in place:

The bow arrived with a piece broken off that could probably be glued back in place:

Bent piece of the drawbridge:

Paint rub:

Arrow glued together with a big lump of glue:

And finally, black marks on one of the base pieces:

It's a low # (113) so I'm assuming this was a return that they "fixed" and sent back out. I'm less impressed than ever. I already sent them an e-mail but don't expect they have a complete replacement (in good condition) that they can/will swap it out with.

Really disappointing since it is a really great looking statue. If you have one that's not beat to hell...
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 08:18 PM   #648
built2shred
Phoenix

The chain on mine is warped just like yours...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 08:19 PM   #649
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:

It's a low # (113) so I'm assuming this was a return that they "fixed" and sent back out. I'm less impressed than ever. I already sent them an e-mail but don't expect they have a complete replacement (in good condition) that they can/will swap it out with.

Really disappointing since it is a really great looking statue. If you have one that's not beat to hell...
I was an EX WL converter and my box had obviously been opened before. 1. It was full of pet hair. 2. The pieces had the marks they get near the magnets. I thought I was good to go but his right foot really floats over the base.

But yours is an absolute train wreck in comparison. I wasn't even going to inspect mine because I'm getting ready for a move and wont be setting it up for awhile, but your pics underscore why that is always a bad idea.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 09:57 AM   #650
SludgesicleMan
Mephisto

Check your bows people! I'm on my replacement bow and it was cracked just from being displayed. At least this time it didn't randomly snap while sitting on my shelf. Sideshow should've made the bows out of something not less breakable when tension is being put on it.
SludgesicleMan is offline   Reply With Quote