Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 01-27-2021, 12:09 AM   #1
craigcliff1
Zot

Ebay Managed Payments Bank Acct

item broke in shipping Capt Rex PF, so far I am in almost $1,100 with shipping. Now dude wants to
return but I was waiting on claim, if item is returned the scum at Fed Ex cancel claim, took to long so dude contacted ebay. now tried to just let dude return
computer wont let me. Now can or would ebay just take my money from Bank and then tell dude to return, can ebay take money from your Bank like that. Been cheated with a few where dude kept item when I refunded, when I was waiting on claim. thanks
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 01:00 AM   #2
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcliff1 View Post
item broke in shipping Capt Rex PF, so far I am in almost $1,100 with shipping. Now dude wants to
return but I was waiting on claim, if item is returned the scum at Fed Ex cancel claim, took to long so dude contacted ebay. now tried to just let dude return
computer wont let me. Now can or would ebay just take my money from Bank and then tell dude to return, can ebay take money from your Bank like that. Been cheated with a few where dude kept item when I refunded, when I was waiting on claim. thanks
Thats why i just let my seller account expire and did not even thing about that managed payment BS....i know that is in no way good for sellers...perfect timing for me because i already sold off everything i wanted to get rid off before Ebay rolled out the new managed payment BS....dont really need my seller status anymore
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 01:08 AM   #3
thecollector80

Quote:
Wait so the story goes like this.....you sold a statue for a total cost of $1100....broke during shipping.....you filed a claim with fedEX but buyer did not release it to Fedex.....then Fed ex cancelled the claim because buyer refused.....buyer then filed a return with ebay....ebay tells buyer to return item?

If yes....when buyer returns the item and it gets marked as delivered to you.....i think u have 3 days to issue a refund if not ebay does it automatically....you loose $1100 either way managed payment or not....at least thats how i understand it went before managed payment.
Old 01-27-2021, 01:16 AM   #4
thecollector80

In the years i sold on ebay anywhere from $30 items to almost $1000 statues i never bothered with filing claims with carriers because i believe it a waste of time especially if it is not packed by the carrier like UPS Pack n Ship service.....you will almost always get denied.....USPS is notorious for this ....i only buy insurance to cover in case the statue gets lost during transit....otherwise i believe insurance is useless for transit damage

Also when i end up with damage claims from shipping from ebay buyers i ask for pics first....then i just have them return it.....or i just partial refund them and they keep the item....if item is less than $100 sometimes i just issue a full refund and they keep the item since its not worth my time or headache
Old 01-27-2021, 01:40 AM   #5
craigcliff1
Zot

buyer wants to return, been waiting on claim, buyer got tired of waiting, so he asked ebay to do something. Now I know Fed Ex wont pay off as they are crooks, so now I jut going to go ahead and let dude return but ebay wont let me until 31, I wanted to know is if ebay can just take my money give it to him and then tell him to return, ebay are also a bunch of crooks thanks
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 02:40 AM   #6
thecollector80

Quote:
buyer wants to return, been waiting on claim, buyer got tired of waiting, so he asked ebay to do something. Now I know Fed Ex wont pay off as they are crooks, so now I jut going to go ahead and let dude return but ebay wont let me until 31, I wanted to know is if ebay can just take my money give it to him and then tell him to return, ebay are also a bunch of crooks thanks
The wait until 31 to allow for a return is new....when i used to sell buyer can return the item as soon as buyer asks and seller agrees

I think seller needs to receive item before ebay can even issue a refund....tracking has to say delivered back to selller....if it is the actual item or not....or if it got even more damaged on the way back is another story....if that happens you can dispute the refund amount you have to refund the buyer.

Good luck though whatever happens....when i get that dreaded ebay buyer message about damages or not as described i get ready to loose some or all money.