Old 08-15-2013, 10:23 AM   #471
carlito1978
Hellfire Club

nothing here
carlito1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 05:56 PM   #472
carlito1978
Hellfire Club

i just got a linked in request from jason. should i accept?
Old 09-08-2014, 07:35 PM   #473
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I miss this guy and his essay responses
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 11:12 AM   #474
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Found this post from Jason Craig at the following blog:

http://bentcorner.com/jason-craig-comic-book-rips-off/

Jason Craig says:

November 1, 2013 at 6:26 pm

Most people wouldn’t walk in my shoes for a second. I have been paying people back and completing commissions. The problem is when one person starts an internet linch mob everyone follows behind. I have really awful mean , cruel emails sent to me, back when i was homeless last year, lost everything and I had people calling me out only making me feel worse….you think my family knowing what i have been through likes to see my picture up here and all you people whom I don’t know jumping on the band wagon?

I got Kyle Roy paid back in June(and I have been going down the list) and asked if we could bury the hatchet so to speak, but in the mean time this wild fire of hatred has blazed and all you people stand judge jury and executioner…..you don’t know me…..yet you judge me, why? What give you the right when none of you have all the facts….you only have what i have made public…the rest I Have asked each board member to contact me privately but some chose to light torches instead.

I lost my family and my home, me and my son were on the streets last year, yet that message board went out of its way to make sure I wouldn’t get work when I needed it most….what did that mean…I couldn’t pay people back, I had no work….couldn’t take work….I was homeless….my fate was sealed…..
Now that I am back trying to get on my feet, people still throw stones when no one has the right, even the ones so called ‘ripped off”

How can you be ripped off if i have been either paying back when I can, or completing the commission order that had no actual due date and the money was accepted with , you will get it as soon as I can, etc……
Even further…if I wanted to rip a board off….why would I stay in communication with them? They have my email….they should ask how I am….not send me threatening emails, or hacking my boards, or anything else…which is illegal by the way…but that doesn’t count….

Fact is I took commissions WAY under scale, peanuts on the dollar, and the moment they had to wait a min longer then they planned they started a full scale lynch mob.
Its things like this that sadden me, and depress me… you might as well go beat up a homeless person, or kill your nephews favorite puppy….people seem to take pleasure in hurting people when there hurting most, and doing it with a smile never once thinking to ask whats really going on

I will get everything settled….and i plan to do work in the industry, but before this started, when things were good I said “the fans are killing the comic book industry” this has only proved further my point…..and its made me ashamed to be associated with it if this is how we treat each other

Jason Craig
Old 03-28-2015, 12:14 PM   #475
Underdog07
Hercules

Funny that he and Dean Trippe basically say the same thing -- people decided it was too long to wait and started complaining. I think it both situations it's actually the artist stopped communicating and then people started complaining.
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 12:24 PM   #476
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Yep..that's Jason Craig alright. A real piece of work.
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 10:30 PM   #477
Pyrotwilight
U talkin' to me?

Whoo boy. That's an entire blog about bad decisions/ideas (both Jason and the author of the blog).
Pyrotwilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 11:00 PM   #478
Arcusprime
Shadowhawk

Ugh. I'm out $350 to this guy. One of the worst.
Arcusprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 11:26 PM   #479
carlito1978
Hellfire Club

For what its worth I remained cordial with the guy through out the whole situation and at the end of it I remain ripped off. No attempt for getting anything in return was done - neither money nor art.
Old 03-28-2015, 11:43 PM   #480
Arcusprime
Shadowhawk

I was cordial to a point. He got a bit pissy and I let go a bit. I feel kinda bad about that, I don't like losing my temper, but he had such a self entitled attitude.
Arcusprime is offline   Reply With Quote