Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-05-2019, 11:33 PM   #3111
SONICobra
Batman

ordered one myself last week with the 10% off as well, really looking forward to finally locking down the master of magnetism. great pics bro, congrats!
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 12:19 AM   #3112
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
ordered one myself last week with the 10% off as well, really looking forward to finally locking down the master of magnetism. great pics bro, congrats!
It’s a really nice statue. Congrats.
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 01:25 AM   #3113
Peedi
The Secret Six

I’m a Magneto fan as well and I always liked this statue. I still need to order it though. Priorities.

I still don’t like the gloves and boots, they should’ve been closer to classic. But this is overall a great piece I’ll be getting in the next few months.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 07:55 AM   #3114
Y3E
Gen 13

I never really understood the criticism for this piece once it was changed. Even before hand, when there were complaints about the anatomy, muscles not big enough.

This is a great statue, fabric and all
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 08:46 AM   #3115
darren1228
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
I never really understood the criticism for this piece once it was changed. Even before hand, when there were complaints about the anatomy, muscles not big enough.

I think most of the complaints were directed towards the “maquette” labeling and exorbitant price. Once they changed the collar and belt I was onboard with this piece.
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 08:55 AM   #3116
jmsmith3388
The Avengers

I've been on the fence with this piece for a long time, I know I will eventually buy it.. Maybe if one of those 10% off coupons show up I will bite.
jmsmith3388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 09:01 AM   #3117
srttoz
Mephisto

Great pics. In person the presence on this statue is amazing. Yep this is my favorite piece of my collection although that *might* change when I get Cable in hand.

Quote:

I think it was the sticker shock that got most people and the changing from PF to Maquette. I remember when I first saw it I after the revamp I thought the piece was sick but then I saw $750 I lost my mind. I said never in a million years. I was used to paying $400-500 TOPS for a statue and then all of a sudden $750 comes along. Of course I eventually talked myself into the mindset of "well $75 a month aint bad using flex pay blah blah blah" etc. If you take price away its a gorgeous piece, and huge to boot.
srttoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 09:58 AM   #3118
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:

My main criticisms were the shady way it went from a PF to a more expensive maquette (especially when compared to the new Supes which is also in a flying pose just like this Magneto), the EX portrait which I said I still don't like and the two huge spikes they added to the base, which I found out are optional.

Also, definitely always prefer sculpted capes over fabric of course, but this particular cape is well done. It definitely feels much higher quality than the trash cape they gave Huntress (which is what really amplified my hatred of fabric).

But, I managed to make the cape look awesome (IMO of course). So many people just pull the cape out of the box and plop it on, and it ends up clouding my judgement because of how bad they can look when no effort is put into working them.

I think he looks amazing in-hand though, and am glad they went back and made the changes to his physique they did. He definitely looks like Magneto now, and much like Rogue and X-23 is super dynamic.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 11:05 AM   #3119
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
My main criticisms were the shady way it went from a PF to a more expensive maquette (especially when compared to the new Supes which is also in a flying pose just like this Magneto), the EX portrait which I said I still don't like and the two huge spikes they added to the base, which I found out are optional.

Also, definitely always prefer sculpted capes over fabric of course, but this particular cape is well done. It definitely feels much higher quality than the trash cape they gave Huntress (which is what really amplified my hatred of fabric).

But, I managed to make the cape look awesome (IMO of course). So many people just pull the cape out of the box and plop it on, and it ends up clouding my judgement because of how bad they can look when no effort is put into working them.

I think he looks amazing in-hand though, and am glad they went back and made the changes to his physique they did. He definitely looks like Magneto now, and much like Rogue and X-23 is super dynamic.
You made a good choice.

This why I like fabric capes, you can "sculpt" it anyway you like and have a unique display. If collectors take the time to play with the capes, they will see why fabric is so great.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 05:26 PM   #3120
FJC
Midnighter

Congrats Northern! I agree with you on the EX portrait and the spikes. No need for either of them.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote