Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Giclees/Lithos/Prints/Posters

Old 02-05-2015, 12:52 AM   #6021
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplyrob View Post
Those guys are so freaking critical. Can't believe non-sub members whom are owed nothing from Mark, have to nerve to complain. That's lame.

I really don't get it. You pay for a subscription where you will receive all the prints done in the allocated time (1 year in this case). What, he should ship each one as soon as it's done? Now, I should be the most upset outta everyone, but I'm not. Not in the least bit. My Natural piece will be amazing and I have 20+ prints coming.
You're a saint Rob. I hope this subscription works out for you. Personally I have zero interest in anything Mark is working on. I just don't like the way he goes about treating his fans. Once I read about what Frobay went through, Mark was dead to me. There are just too many other artists I'd rather spend my money on.
Old 02-05-2015, 02:45 AM   #6022
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
Personally I have zero interest in anything Mark is working on. I just don't like the way he goes about treating his fans. Once I read about what Frobay went through, Mark was dead to me. There are just too many other artists I'd rather spend my money on.
I feel the same. The way he treats his fans leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Nothing he's done since Django Unchained has really interested me anyway and frankly even if it did I'd have a hard time justifying supporting him at this point.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 08:25 AM   #6023
pavehawk78
Hellfire Club

Frobay's experience was not cool at all and from the sound of it on EB he still owes other people zombie sketches. To be fair Mark did right by me so I feel like I would give him another shot.
pavehawk78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 10:52 AM   #6024
Simplyrob
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Yeah, what happened to Fro and everyone else is bad. I just wish dude would get his stuff straightened out. Kinda like being a Cubs fan. I really want the guy to save some face, but, absolutely nothing I can do. Tried defending him on EB, but, that place is a vipers nest. Need to log out and not go back.
Simplyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 11:01 AM   #6025
pavehawk78
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Yeah, what happened to Fro and everyone else is bad. I just wish dude would get his stuff straightened out. Kinda like being a Cubs fan. I really want the guy to save some face, but, absolutely nothing I can do. Tried defending him on EB, but, that place is a vipers nest. Need to log out and not go back.
Yeah...I just browse. I don't interact there.
Old 02-05-2015, 11:38 AM   #6026
bloodrain
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I have seen the frustration building quietly on facebook with people constantly asking for their tubes and if others got theirs.

Its just a continuing pattern of issues people are having with him. He may have legit issues but it seems he always has something happening and he seems to play off those reasons for awhile. It seems he could take some time to ship a few out here and there just by taking a few minutes each day.

personally the whole sub has had issues/surprises from early on. lower tiers missing out on prints because he couldn't secure enough (didn't affect me but I would have been pissed). IMO his solo director show was a bit of a bummer for what got prints and much of it being original only (strictly my opinion, I understand if others didn't have issues ), losing some art in a computer issue. not much being available for original art or not knowing what is there for higher tiered groups. and of course the constant delays.
bloodrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 11:38 AM   #6027
Whirl Wind Boy
I don't have a solution but I admire the problem.

I like Mark Englert's work. His print based on the Thing was my first ever piece i bought.

What i just don't get is, if he is always so busy, where and where has all the stuff that he's been making been? Comics are one thing, but i haven't seen a print of his in months?
Whirl Wind Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 12:11 PM   #6028
pavehawk78
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirl Wind Boy View Post
I like Mark Englert's work. His print based on the Thing was my first ever piece i bought.

What i just don't get is, if he is always so busy, where and where has all the stuff that he's been making been? Comics are one thing, but i haven't seen a print of his in months?
I've wondered if he has that many jobs lined up why doesn't he just pay a guy $12 an hour to ship orders? If he's in high demand it would seem logical not to waste time he could be using to produce art.
Old 02-05-2015, 12:22 PM   #6029
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Those guys are so freaking critical. Can't believe non-sub members whom are owed nothing from Mark, have to nerve to complain. That's lame.
Well when you post something like:

"this sub has been a complete success. Keep in mind, I have nothing in hand to show for it."

That's bound to get people to come out. I'm just glad my Mark Englert prints came from other companies not direct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavehawk78 View Post
I've wondered if he has that many jobs lined up why doesn't he just pay a guy $12 an hour to ship orders? If he's in high demand it would seem logical not to waste time he could be using to produce art.
I believe he said something a while back about wanting to ship himself to prevent damage. Make sure they are rolled properly. Still odd to me. I'm sure he could show his wife how to roll a print.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 01:25 PM   #6030
FROBAY
Phoenix

oops
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote