Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 06-14-2012, 12:06 PM   #31
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rychehitman View Post
Ok...I am avoiding this thread like the plague.....but had to chime on with something.

Talon #0 launches after this story arc? really? Why not leave well enough alone and have ALL the Talons remain under the control of the Court? Seems like a single character just wont last long.
If you read the story all will be revealed.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 03:23 PM   #32
DSET
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
I feel a little disappointed by the reveal. A few years back Thomas Elliot pops up out of nowhere as Bruce's long lost best friend, then we get Damian showing up as his long lost son, now this guy is his long lost brother. The whole thing just feels played out. I've really been digging Court of Owls up until this issue, but this one fell flat for me.
i don't like the brother reveal either
but to me its everything else about this setup that makes the issue
DSET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 07:23 PM   #33
THECLOWN KNIGHT
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSET View Post
"Bruce! I am your brother."

thought it was a great issue

Snyder hinting at joker for the next arc!!
in a recent cbr interview
Tell me about it!

In just a couple of Issues of his run of Detective Snyder wrote a 100 times better Joker than Morrison in five years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
I like how Scott wrote and treated Gotham as a character. I still need to read the latest issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by supahman View Post
LOVED This reveal.. a gr8 interview with Snyder is up on CBR..
Great indeed.

Love these interviews about the process of a story/series, like that one of Remender and his Uncanny x-Force.

Quote:
I feel a little disappointed by the reveal. A few years back Thomas Elliot pops up out of nowhere as Bruce's long lost best friend, then we get Damian showing up as his long lost son, now this guy is his long lost brother. The whole thing just feels played out. I've really been digging Court of Owls up until this issue, but this one fell flat for me.
Not everything is said and done, I'll wait for the next couple of final Issues.
THECLOWN KNIGHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 07:25 PM   #34
Monty Props
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
I really hope he's just trying to mess with Batman's head (after all, he was in Wayne Manor at the party in issue 1 and could have seen the picture of Martha with the heart pin). It's been a great run. Would hate to see such a soap opera-y/cliche "twist" in the end.
Monty Props is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:16 PM   #35
RichBamf
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

This Brother thing is nothing new you know, Batman had a younger brother back in the old DCU, in this story with Deadman. He was brain damaged and being controlled by villains, he was conveniently forgotten about though.

And in the Crime Syndicate universe Thomas Wayne Jr is Owlman, that universe version of Batman. The mugger killed Bruce and Thomas Senior, but left Martha and Thomas Jr.
RichBamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 04:16 PM   #36
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Meh, this issue blew the whole arc for me...
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 07:30 PM   #37
Monty Props

Quote:
Meh, this issue blew the whole arc for me...
I kind of know how you feel. I am going to give it one more issue hoping Snyder is going to turn it around otherwise I'm out as well.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:09 PM   #38
DSET
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty Props View Post
I kind of know how you feel. I am going to give it one more issue hoping Snyder is going to turn it around otherwise I'm out as well.
That makes no sense, u guys are saying the one issue threw you off so that means you liked it until then. So how would the next one being better equal "turning it around". Unless do you mean your hoping for the brother thing to be a hoax?

Also this arc ends at 11 and a new story starts up.
So if this one issue "blew it" you guys should be happy that a new arc starts in issue 12.

After all Snyders flawless work you'd think people would be more loyal these days. This short leash treatment for such great quality writing is beyond me.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:11 PM   #39
Monty Props

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSET View Post
That makes no sense, u guys are saying the one issue threw you off so that means you liked it until then. So how would the next one being better equal "turning it around". Unless do you mean your hoping for the brother thing to be a hoax.
I'm hoping the brother thing is a hoax. There have been a lot of great explanations as to who Thomas Wayne Jr. was and why it makes sense considering his role in the DC Universe prior to the New 52, but the long-lost-brother introduction just feels too "been there/done that" and is an easy way out. Snyder is better than that which is why I believe he hasn't put all his cards on the table yet regarding Thomas.
Old 06-16-2012, 12:27 AM   #40
DSET
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty Props View Post
I'm hoping the brother thing is a hoax. There have been a lot of great explanations as to who Thomas Wayne Jr. was and why it makes sense considering his role in the DC Universe prior to the New 52, but the long-lost-brother introduction just feels too "been there/done that" and is an easy way out. Snyder is better than that which is why I believe he hasn't put all his cards on the table yet regarding Thomas.
To me everything is been there done that these days
did "The cult" not have a secret society\Court of Owls like feeling. Batman trapped\drugged underground and broken mentally physically.

To me hes doing the brother aspect better than most have, I also hope it is a hoax but the backup story suggests otherwise.

Even if its not a hoax it doesn't negate the quality of the arc, the back story with Martha and the school funding is ten times better developed than Thomas Elliot.

I don't think its a way out of anything to me its silly because its unnecessary. Even without the brother aspect his motives can still exist as a member of the court. He poisoned the owls, survived the fight and setup Bruce all to be the head of the court, it works even if it had nothing to do with them being brothers.

A way out (cop out) to me is: making sense of all Hush's nonsensical appearances by bringing back people from the dead. Thats clear way out of a hole.

This, this is just unnecessary IMO. Not nearly as bad.