Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 11-03-2015, 12:34 AM   #111
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
Second episode was solid. As expected the overt talk about her being a female dissipated in episode 2 and I hope the talk of her "cousin" will do the same by the time the fourth or fifth one hits the air.

I can't get over how much I love the presentation of her flying, landing and heatvision. The arial fights could get some help though.
I didn't expect to see young Kara again, I wonder if flashbacks to Krypton will continue?
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 01:11 AM   #112
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Really surprise ssc didn't release supergirl for preorder when the first episode was debut last week. I actually like the show.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 03:08 AM   #113
DRL
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Second episode was pretty solid! So far so good!
DRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 10:47 AM   #114
built2shred
Phoenix

As expected the 2nd episode lost about a 1/3rd of it's audience. Hopefully it can stabilize or it will defiantly be on CBS chopping block.

I will admit the 2nd episode was better then the pilot but I still think it's way too cutesy, I also think the whole "sister" thing does not work, if anything it's just annoying...

They should of stuck with the meaning of her crest as "Hope" like in the movie instead of "Be a team player".... And I still can't get past Jimmy being a muscle bounded 6'4 black man who looks like he should be on the cover of GQ Magazine.

And it's also getting a bit tiring that every female series they give the lead a gay best friend... I think that's been done to death...

IMO....
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 10:52 AM   #115
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
As expected the 2nd episode lost about a 1/3rd of it's audience. Hopefully it can stabilize or it will defiantly be on CBS chopping block.

I will admit the 2nd episode was better then the pilot but I still think it's way too cutesy, I also think the whole "sister" thing does not work, if anything it's just annoying...

They should of stuck with the meaning of her crest as "Hope" like in the movie instead of "Be a team player".... And I still can't get past Jimmy being a muscle bounded 6'4 black man who looks like he should be on the cover of GQ Magazine.

And it's also getting a bit tiring that every female series they give the lead a gay best friend... I think that's been done to death...

IMO....
Who's the gay best friend? Surely not the one who wanted to ask Kara out in the pilot.
Old 11-05-2015, 12:44 PM   #116
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

Benoist is adorable in the role. The promo stills really didn't do her justice. I think this series will be just as much fun as The Flash. Arrow is good, but a bit more of a chore with its darker tone, which is not a bad thing. Having SG on network is somewhat concerning, but I'm sure CW would pick it up in a heartbeat. If this series is successful I wouldn't be surprised to see another spinoff based on Batgirl & Nightwing, with Robin occasionally dropping in. I still have yet to watch Gotham.
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 05:57 PM   #117
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Who's the gay best friend? Surely not the one who wanted to ask Kara out in the pilot.
The way he talks and acts I thought for sure he was gay....
Old 11-06-2015, 12:31 AM   #118
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post

IMO....
The 30% drop was probably due to no longer having Big Bang as a lead in. It still did over double what Gotham did as far as audience numbers. Not bad for a second episode of a new show vs an established one in the middle of a second season.

http://comicbook.com/2015/11/03/mond...-gotham-rises/
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 02:05 AM   #119
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
The 30% drop was probably due to no longer having Big Bang as a lead in. It still did over double what Gotham did as far as audience numbers. Not bad for a second episode of a new show vs an established one in the middle of a second season.

http://comicbook.com/2015/11/03/mond...-gotham-rises/
I don't think you'll know the true numbers for Supergirl until the 5th or 6th episode, that should tell you who's going to watch it for the long run....

long as it stays in the 6-8 million viewers it should be fine...

As for Pilots Gotham had 14 million for it's pilot before averaging around 9 million for season one... for two it's averaging around 7 million total... including DVR's

As long as it doesn't go to much below that it should be ok... its when a show hits 4 million viewers that you got to worry.. And depending on special effects that number might need to be higher due to costs..
Old 11-07-2015, 12:12 PM   #120
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

I like the approach to her training in episode 2. Nine seasons of Smallville and never did Clark take time off to pratice using his powers or even learning to fly. I understand the no tights and no flights motto the Smallville creators set for the show, but that should have been abandoned when they abandoned their five year plan.

I like how Supergirl is learning to be a superhero. And the writers approached one my biggest issue with superpowered beings. That they can't just grab a large object at a weak spot and not expect it to fail. Putting some real world physics into consideration and that a superbeing has to learn how to properly move and lift things.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote