Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-02-2017, 11:36 AM   #2341
Acolyte
Birdman

A road map would be nice for sure. But, to be honest, I would be more than happy if Sideshow gave us a little taste of things to come. Names would be awesome, of course, but I would be totally fine with comments like "there will be two more statues beyond She-Ra; one heroic and one evil warrior", for example.
Acolyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 01:00 PM   #2342
Sandman585
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acolyte View Post
A road map would be nice for sure. But, to be honest, I would be more than happy if Sideshow gave us a little taste of things to come. Names would be awesome, of course, but I would be totally fine with comments like "there will be two more statues beyond She-Ra; one heroic and one evil warrior", for example.
Totally agree. Specific release dates wouldn't be needed. For example here if they told us MOtU line will definitely have 6 or 8 statues total over the next two years then people would be committed to the line and SS would see better sales on some of the already released statues such as Evil Lyn. Now it's like who the f*%@ knows what they're thinking and maybe She Ra will be it, maybe she won't so how can we be committed to the line if we don't know they are? I don't get it.
Sandman585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 01:48 PM   #2343
Jiggatron69
The X-Men

Its just very frustrating. I wanted a Sorcress and Teela in this line cause all the ones so far are awesome. I dont want SS to pull another GI Joe and just stop like they did with Baroness.
Jiggatron69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 02:10 PM   #2344
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
No statue company lays a road map. Possibly because you really can't. They did two to see if it was viable, saw that it was and planned more, now beyond what's currently in planning/sculpt phase is going to depend on us. But since collectors seem to be a finicky group these days who knows. Waiting 7 months for the next reveal everyone's already sold off their lines to casual buyers and poof, MOTU is dead.

Just saying, that people seem to move on from things rather quickly at this point. Give the guys a chance to sculpt and paint.
Yes some companies do....and reputable ones at that. They can lay out a general roadmap without being super specific and showing their hand.

Example Prime 1 Predator / Alien license = We know Predator and Alien are a big fascination with the owner of Prime 1 and he has already laid out a plan by saying that they are tackling ALL of the Predators from the various movies.

XM has stated they are going full bore and hot and heavy with Marvel X-Men.

So without being too specific...we already have a great idea to expect just about everyone within the existing license time frame.

The most befuddling thing to me is...why would a statue company that makes statues to a rabid collecting fan base not at least give them a general idea of what to expect.

It just doesn't make sense to me that a company pays buttloads of money for a license and keeps the fan base in the dark. SS, as big as it is, should know that it will automatically sell more MOTU than PCS ever could just due to its size as a company and bigger ES alone.

If you are going to buy a license and not have big aspirations and confidence that you will do well...I'd rather a company not get the license at all and focus instead on other license it does have (DC, Marvel, SW, etc.).

SS thinks they are slick. They buy up all these licenses with a worldwide agreement if they can just to prevent or hinder other companies from getting them (yes...businesses and corporations do that...see movie studios as an example). In the meantime, they sit on them and do nothing or very little with them for whatever reasons. If you are not going to invest in a line and put full effort into it...don't do it at all...and stop preventing other companies from wanting the license that would do so.

What could it have hurt for SS to be bold and say we have at least 10 MOTU characters planned within a 2 - 3 year time frame? If they didn't sell as well as they thought...then you adjust for the sluggish sales. People have a better understanding and are more forgiving when a company fails to live up to the expectations due to economy or what the market dictated.

But this crap SS has done...not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6....you get the point.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 02:35 PM   #2345
testsubject25
Birds of Prey

It would take 10 seconds for SS to say, "Don't worry people, there's at least three more coming!" or something like that. I think people would be cool with that.
testsubject25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 02:36 PM   #2346
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Example Prime 1 Predator / Alien license = We know Predator and Alien are a big fascination with the owner of Prime 1 and he has already laid out a plan by saying that they are tackling ALL of the Predators from the various movies.

That's not a road map however. What we could really use is an "ish" idea of which order they will be released in, and when. For example, my priority is the Big chap and City Hunter Predator. I can't really order any of the others in case either of those two appear shortly after and I can't afford them financially. Being a bit more clued in to the schedule would alleviate some of those worries and ultimately might allow me to buy more.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 02:42 PM   #2347
dao2
Cyclops

Of course there's a road map. Seriously do you think there isn't? They just do random stuff for ----s and giggles? What the ---- company doesn't have to be a company. You'd be literally the worst company in the world. Even ARH has road maps. Don't expect SS to share them without but at no point should you figure they don't have a plan. SS is king of not sharing ---- so they definitely wouldn't, and a large part of it is people here would see a road map as some sort of promise that they won't cut the line short or be some sort of set release order.

No they have a map of where they want it to go if it's successful enough they'll move on with it possibly with some changes. But if you think they are like "lets start this line, let's not even discuss past skeletor and he-man cause it'll be a waste of time if it's cancelled" you're off your damn rocker.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 02:58 PM   #2348
Vpuik
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by testsubject25 View Post
It would take 10 seconds for SS to say, "Don't worry people, there's at least three more coming!" or something like that. I think people would be cool with that.
What if those three never make it to production?
Hence SOON tm.
Vpuik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 03:07 PM   #2349
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by testsubject25 View Post
Uh they did, they said 4 was in paint and 5 and 6 were in sculpt. So what more did everyone want?
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 03:37 PM   #2350
testsubject25
Birds of Prey

Hell, don't ask me.

Then where's all the uproar if those have been confirmed? I can only skim these novels that people like to write here.
testsubject25 is offline   Reply With Quote