Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 03-28-2016, 05:50 PM   #51
dao2
Cyclops

I thought direct was the only way to order?
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 06:31 PM   #52
Valkyrie
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Maybe it is. No idea...

This is straight from the website:

"All orders of SHA-RYN statue made through the ARH Studios website will also receive a poster of SHA-RYN and the complete 3 issues Graphic Novel."

The way it's phrased seems to suggest that it may be sold elsewhere eventually.
Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 09:37 PM   #53
Rokdweller
Birdman

Ordered mine. She is beautiful... Nicely done Ehren!
Rokdweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 09:52 PM   #54
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

I tried like 5 times to call ARH and order today. First few times it said the line was busy... Next few it just rang through... I'll try again tomorrow...
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 10:19 PM   #55
trav99ss
Fantastic Four

Caved and added her to my pre-order list... love everything about the statue except I'm a little undecided on the face. Some angles it looks good others just ok. But, if it's like the few other statues I've got, it'll look better in hand and be a no brainer.
trav99ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 07:19 PM   #56
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by trav99ss View Post
Caved and added her to my pre-order list... love everything about the statue except I'm a little undecided on the face. Some angles it looks good others just ok. But, if it's like the few other statues I've got, it'll look better in hand and be a no brainer.
The few other ARH statues? I'm just as skeptical of the portrait. I love the pose and rendering on the giant ape palm, but the eyes and hair look dead-ish from the Con photos. I'm wondering if this is a conscious style choice, given Sha-ryn's comic book basis.
jadekite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 09:21 PM   #57
trav99ss
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadekite22 View Post
The few other ARH statues? I'm just as skeptical of the portrait. I love the pose and rendering on the giant ape palm, but the eyes and hair look dead-ish from the Con photos. I'm wondering if this is a conscious style choice, given Sha-ryn's comic book basis.
The other two ARH status I have are Arhian and the 2nd Queen of Vampires. I was a bit unsure of how good the Queen of Vampires would look in hand, but I thinks it's really good and I'm really happy I decided to pick on up.

I think in general, for me a least, pictures rarely live up to the actual in hand reality. I had the same problem when deciding to order the Gentle Giant Maggie based on some photos, but that statue is awesome as well and from normal viewing distance, looks spot on to the character. Seems most pictures are close up and tend to make things stand out that don't in person.

In the end, I think 95% of the Sha-Ryn statue is dang near perfect and hoping the 5% looks much better in hand. Plus, the price felt pretty reasonable so that made the decision much easier as well.
trav99ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 10:38 PM   #58
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by trav99ss View Post
The other two ARH status I have are Arhian and the 2nd Queen of Vampires. I was a bit unsure of how good the Queen of Vampires would look in hand, but I thinks it's really good and I'm really happy I decided to pick on up.

I think in general, for me a least, pictures rarely live up to the actual in hand reality. I had the same problem when deciding to order the Gentle Giant Maggie based on some photos, but that statue is awesome as well and from normal viewing distance, looks spot on to the character. Seems most pictures are close up and tend to make things stand out that don't in person.

In the end, I think 95% of the Sha-Ryn statue is dang near perfect and hoping the 5% looks much better in hand. Plus, the price felt pretty reasonable so that made the decision much easier as well.
Thanks for this. I'm definitely considering pre-ordering soon.
jadekite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 11:11 PM   #59
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadekite22 View Post
Thanks for this. I'm definitely considering pre-ordering soon.
You might want to move fast on this... With only 100 being made I think this and the medusa are going to sell out really fast. I already POed mine.
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 01:35 PM   #60
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by The13thWarlock View Post
I think that's just how they process things. I bought a digital download and got a notice that a $4 monthly subscription was started, but then got another right after that said it was canceled.
They never canceled the subscription, so I was charged again full price for the statue. I was able to find the subscription on my account and cancel it myself...
If anyone orders this make sure ARH is not trying to put you on a monthly payment plan when you paid in full to begin with.

EDIT: ARH just contacted me and refunded me, so A+ on customer service
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote