Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 03-04-2024, 02:13 PM   #1
cr`
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

black widow 1/4 & slave leia - market value

Hi.. i'm putting these statues for sale (not here though, i'm in asia). it's been a while since i dabbled in this hobby and i dont want to sell these over/underpriced. does anyone know the current going rate for these? much obliged. 🙏😊

black widow 1/4

slave leia 1/6

sideshow nazgul
cr` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2024, 02:15 PM   #2
SDguy

You could try here for recent Ebay sales: https://130point.com/sales/
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2024, 02:26 PM   #3
cr`

thank you. i checked ebay and can find leai but no luck with the other 2. it's like they've been erased from existence.
Old 03-04-2024, 03:58 PM   #4
qz33
Doctor Doom

I totally understand not wanting to sell something "over/underpriced" especially under but honestly it is all so variable it really depend on who is willing to pay what at the time.

Sealed/Opened, A couple of months, & a desperate sucker really is the difference between $650 and $1500.

Here is a Black Widow listing
https://www.ebay.com/itm/186018856094

There seem to be quite a few for Slave Leia.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2024, 08:31 PM   #5
cr`

yea.. leia are still around in ebay. but that is a wild price swing for widow if true.
Old 03-04-2024, 08:51 PM   #6
Jiggatron69
The X-Men

From my experience, Widow's price is very random and depends on the condition of the figure new vs used and how down bad the buyer is. Id probably go for it at $1k new but its an older figure now so the price can swing up a bit due to lack of availability, which is why I never pulled the trigger. The last 1/4 scale version of her I saw was around $600 but she had a broken leg/broken rifle and I didnt want to go through the trouble of getting her fixed as I had a lot of other stuff on my plate.

It also really depends on how long you are willing to wait to sell. A lot of the stuff I sell on ebay are no longer in circulation and were either rare painted kits from Wonder Festival over the years or very specific 1/4 to 1/6 figures from select manufacturers in Japan. You get a lot of people trying to low ball you with nonsense offers if you allow it so its easier to just set a price target you are good with then let it ride. Anyone who wants to buy will eventually break down and buy it or they wont. Either way, its less work for you and you wont be stressing about whether or not you maxed out your cut. I got almost 200 pieces up for sale so I just tend to ignore most of the ebay messages unless its someone I already sold to before.
Jiggatron69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 05:35 AM   #7
cr`

200 pieces for sale??? but what are you going to do with the extra spaces in your museum after they're gone? hehe...

my widow is still in the box, never displayed. cannot put her up on ebay because the shipping cost will be ridiculous from my country. i'll try selling her locally. thank you for the value estimate. above $600 it is then since my widow is still pristine.
Old 03-05-2024, 07:53 PM   #8
Jiggatron69
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr` View Post
200 pieces for sale??? but what are you going to do with the extra spaces in your museum after they're gone? hehe...

my widow is still in the box, never displayed. cannot put her up on ebay because the shipping cost will be ridiculous from my country. i'll try selling her locally. thank you for the value estimate. above $600 it is then since my widow is still pristine.
I actually do have a museum, effectively. Ive moved onto 1/4 and 1/3 scale but I did end up collecting a lot of 1/6 stuff before I made that transition. I just decided that im never going to actually display the smaller stuff so its better to just sell them rather than hoarding them just to have them. The issue is as these statues got better over time, they also got bigger and heavier. So i actually have to rebuild large parts of my house to account for heavier pieces. A lot of the old display cases I bought 15 years ago no longer meet the requirements for displaying large pieces, which is a shame because they are beautiful cases. Pulaski made incredible large scale mirror backed slding glass door curios at one point with excellent materials. Hard to find that these days.
Old 03-08-2024, 01:36 PM   #9
cr`

that's very cool. hopefully you could still find buyers for those display cases. wish i have the space for my own museum. have some 1/6 too but most are still in their own boxes, never even got the chance to display before finally selling them. that's not the way to enjoy your collection. hehe...
Old 03-08-2024, 06:37 PM   #10
Jiggatron69
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr` View Post
that's very cool. hopefully you could still find buyers for those display cases. wish i have the space for my own museum. have some 1/6 too but most are still in their own boxes, never even got the chance to display before finally selling them. that's not the way to enjoy your collection. hehe...
Yea, once I started getting into the several hundred 1/6 pieces still sitting in their original boxes, I was like ok its time to let them all go. At this point, a lot of studios in China have caught up with the 1/4 to 1/3 scale demand for quality and variety so all the characters that I could only get in 1/6 scale years ago all started showing up in 1/4 scale in better poses and variety. Now, all the 1/6 can go to people who dont have the space for 1/4 or 1/3 scale displays but still want said characters.