Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-10-2018, 12:30 PM   #261
Vallos
Jubilee

I have no disposable income for the next few months. Hopefully he doesn't sell out by the time I have more money.
Vallos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 06:18 PM   #262
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

I think i have 3 payments left, with my last one being 25th of November but if i'll turn off the plan as soon as i see someone get a shipping in 14 days e-mail lol.

Lots of pics from me and a review of course as soon as i get him

Love him with Demithyle!

Edit - EEK Just saw he's getting charged September 19th i better change my plan now i guess
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 02:57 PM   #263
Valderen
The Spirit

I got my email, being charged on the 20th.

I just realized that he's the last of the new characters up for pre-order, the other 2 Kier and Gallevarbe have been done before.

I hope we see something new soon. Looks like CotD will have a slow year in 2019 at this pace.
Valderen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 01:15 PM   #264
Indridcold99
The Avengers

I perceive this statue being a great stand alone piece. There is detail for days on this statue ? Can anyone elaborate why he only has one eye ?
Indridcold99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 07:12 PM   #265
DeadGhostKnight
SF ReviewerModerator

Being charged on the 19th can't wait.
Old 09-14-2018, 08:57 PM   #266
DeadGhostKnight
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indridcold99 View Post
I perceive this statue being a great stand alone piece. There is detail for days on this statue ? Can anyone elaborate why he only has one eye ?
There's not much information on Mortighull as a General.

The chronicle only talks about him when he is younger and describes him as brash, headstrong and arrogant. His art also portrays him using all 4 of his arms....so i imagine his eye and arms were injured from multiple battles as his other arms seem to be useless now...

Mortighull was originally going to be released as a statue of him as a captain and i assume based on this art...

I guess they decided to release him as a General as the sculpt was already there and only needed modifying.

I'm hoping we learn more about him in the Demithyle books coming up as Demithyle chose him as a Knight of Mortis.
Old 09-15-2018, 08:13 PM   #267
Indridcold99
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
There's not much information on Mortighull as a General.

The chronicle only talks about him when he is younger and describes him as brash, headstrong and arrogant. His art also portrays him using all 4 of his arms....so i imagine his eye and arms were injured from multiple battles as his other arms seem to be useless now...

Mortighull was originally going to be released as a statue of him as a captain and i assume based on this art...

I guess they decided to release him as a General as the sculpt was already there and only needed modifying.

I'm hoping we learn more about him in the Demithyle books coming up as Demithyle chose him as a Knight of Mortis.
Thank you for the info ! I previously owned the first Demithyle and Oglaveil. These two were outstanding pieces.

Can anyone tell me if Demithyle 2.0 is a huge drop in quality from the first one ?
Indridcold99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 06:32 PM   #268
DeadGhostKnight
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indridcold99 View Post
Thank you for the info ! I previously owned the first Demithyle and Oglaveil. These two were outstanding pieces.

Can anyone tell me if Demithyle 2.0 is a huge drop in quality from the first one ?
You're welcome!

The COTD Demithyle definitely isn't a drop in quality it's one of the most detailed Court pieces imo, all the re-sculpts to the armour and media are very very nicely done. Of course you don't have all the extras or the base from the original but it feels much more like a COTD piece than just a Reaper statue now.

I posted a bunch of pictures of mine here in the COTD thread.

http://www.statueforum.com/showthrea...+dead&page=294
Old 09-20-2018, 10:13 AM   #269
Valderen
The Spirit

I got charged this morning, hopefully ships today and I get him tomorrow if it follows usual pattern.

I find it strange that we haven't gotten an "Out of the box" video for him yet, or they haven't shown pictures of the production piece yet.
Old 09-20-2018, 10:01 PM   #270
Valderen
The Spirit

He shipped, I should have it tomorrow.