Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 09-20-2018, 12:44 PM   #321
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post

I've never understood the American mentality. Extreme violence? "Awesome!" Male nudity? "Ew, gross."

If that's the case, do American men bathe in the dark?
We're different end of story. Not better or worse but different. We have our issues other places in the world have theirs.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 12:47 PM   #322
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander0Zero View Post
We're different end of story. Not better or worse but different. We have our issues other places in the world have theirs.
Do you cringe when you see your own penis and buttocks?
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 12:54 PM   #323
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Female here -- and I don't want to disparage other women's POV -- but, please stop complaining about what fictional female characters wear. Because, guess what, in skin tight clothing they are still busty and curvy and going to be drooled over. Covering up skin means nothing. Nadda. Zero.

Prime examples of this come from Catwoman, Rogue, Captain Marvel, Storm. All of those female characters that have had runs of outfits where they are/were covered up. Gee, did they look less smoking hot?! Nope. Did they look less objectified? Nope. Same hot characters, different suit. Great, I love a wardrobe change.

What pisses me off more than anything is that when my fellow females complain about the costume choices, YOU are bringing the issue up about the costume. YOU are making THAT the defining thing about the character when the CHARACTER is AMAZING in her own right. Strong, powerful, beautiful, smart -- and all wearing some version of clothing. Just like the real world, women should be able to wear what they want (appropriately for the situation, obviously) and just live their lives and be the strong, confident, comfortable, and beautiful women they are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
A lot of my larger statues are up high

Man I really know how to set off a torrent of tangential conversation don't I:-)
Nice display, I really do love a Detolf, but I'm afraid of the shelf weight.

Just for reference, do your -- or anybody reading this -- have the XM Jean Grey Phoenix in a detolf? I've got two other 1:4 XM pieces coming, but I hate to put her on the floor level because it's just such a show-stopper piece.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 12:56 PM   #324
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post

Nice display, I really do love a Detolf, but I'm afraid of the shelf weight.

Just for reference, do your -- or anybody reading this -- have the XM Jean Grey Phoenix in a detolf? I've got two other 1:4 XM pieces coming, but I hate to put her on the floor level because it's just such a show-stopper piece.
I would not put an XM 1:4 statue on top of a detolf
grphyx1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 12:57 PM   #325
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
I remember seeing Watchman and how a scene where a man has his arms sawed off or another where hot grease burned a man to death shocked me. Friend of mine wasn't bothered, but felt disturbed seeing Doctor Manhatten's penis.

Maybe it is because I took art classes with nude models, but the human body doesn't bother me.
To be fair, even sometimes I was thrown off by Doc Manhattan's penis. I am also thrown off by David Bowie's in Labyrinth. Two totally different outfits, or lack there of
Old 09-20-2018, 01:35 PM   #326
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
XM Phoenix will not fit inside of a detolf. She could fit on the top, but I'd be a little wary of the weight.

Personally, I have mine inside a Fabrikor and she fits perfectly, though not at all angles due to her outstretched arm.

Here's the Ikea listing.

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00242278/

Here is a pic of mine.

NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 01:54 PM   #327
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
XM Phoenix will not fit inside of a detolf. She could fit on the top, but I'd be a little wary of the weight.
Personally, I have mine inside a Fabrikor and she fits perfectly, though not at all angles due to her outstretched arm.
I have to say, I feel a little concerned about the destiny of your little mermaid.
An adorable creature of the sea above a consequent heat source? Seriously? Don't complain if your Fabrikor suddenly smells fried fish...
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 02:06 PM   #328
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Cancan View Post
I have to say, I feel a little concerned about the destiny of your little mermaid.
An adorable creature of the sea above a consequent heat source? Seriously? Don't complain if your Fabrikor suddenly smells fried fish...
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 02:08 PM   #329
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post

I've never understood the American mentality. Extreme violence? "Awesome!" Male nudity? "Ew, gross."
If that's the case, do American men bathe in the dark?
MEN IN THE BATHROOM:
THE TRUTH, NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH

Extreme violence of course, but as you can see, we keep our underpants.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 02:29 PM   #330
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I was in Ikea a month ago and saw the Fabrikor -- I liked it a lot! The blue version is great. You added the lights, right?

My dilemma is that I don't have many tiny statues that would look good above Jean. And then I need two because of Dark Phoenix. Then I'm torn what to do with Storm?!

You have those two coming too, got any plans for their displays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post

Here's the Ikea listing.

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00242278/

Here is a pic of mine.