Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Hot Toys

Old 10-03-2011, 07:04 AM   #11
ilikethat
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by premium_substit View Post
There is also a remake of Robocop on the way.. there have been more than enough hints and even a flyer (though not from HT)..

oh man, what they could do with Robocop with the new skills they've aquired..

coolest cyborg figure ever
Really?!
ilikethat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:12 AM   #12
premium_substit
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikethat View Post
Really?!
man i can't find a good picture on google, but it was this flyer:

The flash is covering the sentence at the bottom, but it says Hot Toys will have robocop figures in 2012..

My theory is Hot Toys had to go to MGM to renew their contract/get the license, and MGM announced it even though they weren't supposed to (it's not that they weren't supposed to - but MGM were jus trying to promote what Robocop products were on the Horizon since it is their property)

This plus, some communities "Affiliated" with hot toys have asked several times if people would want to see a robocop remake (also polls), and even posted robocop teaster images for no apparent reason (especially 1 who only posts if it's of some [future] relevance)

Also, hot toys have said they're revisiting 1 old license

So all of this together to me = YES, we will see Robocop re-released and it will have insane detail.. perhaps a DX version
premium_substit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:43 AM   #13
Freak_Zombie
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

ohhh nice! I'd love a re-release of the robocop hot toy! Thanks for the info! To be honest a big part of me hopes they only re-release the elder predators and maybe the ancient predator! Lol, those are the only ones I'm missing and some of the other preds while really good deals I still paid above retail for 'em.

I do however think that hot toys is slowly killing themselves. It'll come to a point no collector would wanna buy their figures anymore in fear that a better one would be re-released.
Freak_Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 10:21 AM   #14
dino76m
Kindly Asked To Leave

i dont agree, but re relasing better ones , at least a lot of people can get new ones if they missed out old one, also most probably it will bring back the fun of actually playing with these figures, right now most treat it as gold and are concerned as soon as theres a small fade or something, this way consumers can actually play with their figures and if damaged or broken can get a new one at retail or lower prices ,
also another point is most people bought itmes even if they werent interested in a line because they think that its value will simply increase in future without actually having an interest in the line,
i have passed on several lines like captain amaerica ( no head sculpt), sucker punch, avatar(visible joints), spiderman 3 , resident evil lines.and am glad now i did, instead of jumping on bandwagon like many others and stocking 2-3 of each in hopes of flipping, i actually have bought only one figure twice mark 4 , one to play with and other is kept MIB , so i can display it one day, Hopefully with prices not increasin i can actually get 2 of each toys in future..
dino76m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 10:39 AM   #15
ilikethat

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino76m View Post
i dont agree, but re relasing better ones , at least a lot of people can get new ones if they missed out old one, also most probably it will bring back the fun of actually playing with these figures, right now most treat it as gold and are concerned as soon as theres a small fade or something, this way consumers can actually play with their figures and if damaged or broken can get a new one at retail or lower prices , also another point is most people bought itmes even if they werent interested in a line because they think that its value will simply increase in future without actually having an interest in the line,
i have passed on several lines like captain amaerica ( no head sculpt), sucker punch, avatar(visible joints), spiderman 3 , resident evil lines.and am glad now i did, instead of jumping on bandwagon like many others and stocking 2-3 of each in hopes of flipping, i actually have bought only one figure twice mark 4 , one to play with and other is kept MIB , so i can display it one day, Hopefully with prices not increasin i can actually get 2 of each toys in future..

you actually play with it
Old 10-03-2011, 11:14 AM   #16
modus
I used up all my sick days, so I'm calling in dead.

They're too fragile to play with.
modus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 11:31 AM   #17
testsubject25
Birds of Prey

ha, this is great! With HT, if you hold out, you'll get an improved version and not have to pay a fortune.
testsubject25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 11:50 AM   #18
docmario
I used up all my sick days, so I'm calling in dead.

HT..when u gonna make "victoria secret" project Iron man? i wanna see pink Iron man?
docmario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 11:56 AM   #19
ilikethat

Quote:
Originally Posted by testsubject25 View Post
ha, this is great! With HT, if you hold out, you'll get an improved version and not have to pay a fortune.

there will be many haters if they got the first
Old 10-03-2011, 11:59 AM   #20
premium_substit
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikethat View Post

there will be many haters if they got the first
and for the people who paid $1800
premium_substit is offline   Reply With Quote