Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 10-04-2015, 06:07 AM   #101
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Just wanted to say...I think Adam Ross knocked this out of the ballpark. Maybe some don't like him sitting on a bike...but there can be no denying that the digital 3D composition is full of details big and small and is just downright amazing.

Great job Adam!!!
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 11:16 AM   #102
AC_808
Hercules

I'm definitely a bigger Punisher fan than a Ghost Rider fan. This is a great sculpt, no doubt. But I'm not feeling the urge to get this. Perhaps because it's not what I was expecting. Maybe that'll change when I see it in color. Dunno.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 11:50 AM   #103
punisher2000
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

a second or third head is a MUST !!! the rest is okay and the detail like the damaged fender and tank of the bike is nice. for me as a punisherfan a nice view of him. the idea to put him on a bike and not into his van is nice, the rest pose with weapons in ready for action diorama is good enough for Frank to be a really nice collecting piece. Just another or two other heads would turn this into a fenomenal piece to express the different comic arts of the charakter (Jim Lee, Marco Checchetto, ...) .
punisher2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 01:26 PM   #104
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher2000 View Post
a second or third head is a MUST !!! the rest is okay and the detail like the damaged fender and tank of the bike is nice. for me as a punisherfan a nice view of him. the idea to put him on a bike and not into his van is nice, the rest pose with weapons in ready for action diorama is good enough for Frank to be a really nice collecting piece. Just another or two other heads would turn this into a fenomenal piece to express the different comic arts of the charakter (Jim Lee, Marco Checchetto, ...) .
Yes Jim lee head! Or at least 2 more COH option.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 02:57 PM   #105
punisher2000
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

AND WHERE IS THE SKULL ????? THE CLASSIC SKULL !!!!
punisher2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 04:38 PM   #106
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher2000 View Post
AND WHERE IS THE SKULL ????? THE CLASSIC SKULL !!!!
It's sketched in. Look closer.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 05:34 PM   #107
Kovenor
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

I think this is gonna look great next to ghost rider. I gotta agree with xm on this one with punisher on the bike... there are too many of him just standing there in a pose. This is unique and really gonna look amazing once its all painted and done up.. and its gonna be huge!... 1/4 motorcyle ftw
Kovenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 05:41 PM   #108
Restinpieces
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizAbef View Post
I like the way you think, Punisher. This whole concept to me is totally out of whack. The saddle bag full of guns has got to go. Lets looks at this from a realistic point of view. If XM is gonna go with a bike concept then fine, go with it. But there's no way in hell those weapons are gonna be secure if he's utilizing the bike. There needs to be mounts on the back fenders or frame of his bike for weapons, and not a damn saddle bag filled and overflowing with unsecured guns sticking out.

The same can be said about the M60. How the hell is he gonna utilize a motorcycle while trying to hold onto that thing? I understand Punsher is master of weaponry and XM wants to showcase him with a bunch of heavy weapons, but lets be realistic about it man. If you wanna use the M60, then fine, but if he's gonna be shown stopping and holding it in his hand, then his bike needs to support the idea with an empty mount on one side of his back fender or bike frame.

Me personally, I think XM should just get rid of the M60...it's way too much. It makes more sense to me for him to be carrying lighter weapons if he's gonna be on a bike. He can have an array of ---- on him. He can have an assault rifle or sub-machine gun in his right hand, the exact same way he's holding the M60. At the same time he can have a sniper rifle, combat shotgun, crossbow, or another assault rifle slung across his back. Or...he can have two sawn off shotguns holstered on his back instead.

If you're gonna give Punisher weapons, fine, but do it realistically, dude. XM's trying way too hard with giving him heavy weaponry while riding a motorcycle. And that's another thing...Punisher comes from a military background. He's tactical...not an unrealistic human tank. Get rid of the whole -----kickers and baggy pants honky-tonk look. Instead blouse his pants like military members do and give him some combat boots.
This is where you lost me because reality was never in the equation when it comes to comic book heroes/villains imo.

People are creaming themselves over XM's Ghost Rider - a character on fire riding on a bike that's also on fire that appears to just have exited a portal of hell, but this is out of whack because the bike frame may/may not be able to support the weaponry shown or his saddle bag is too full?

Straying too far from the source material is one thing, but applying a realistic filter to this makes little sense to me.
Restinpieces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 05:44 PM   #109
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restinpieces View Post
This is where you lost me because reality was never in the equation when it comes to comic book heroes/villains imo.

People are creaming themselves over XM's Ghost Rider - a character on fire riding on a bike that's also on fire that appears to just have exited a portal of hell, but this is out of whack because the bike frame may/may not be able to support the weaponry shown or his saddle bag is too full?

Straying too far from the source material is one thing, but applying a realistic filter to this makes little sense to me.
I like comic style not real life alex Ross style imo push the limits XM!
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 06:13 PM   #110
MO42
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

now comes the trend of superheroes on motorcycles.
MO42 is offline   Reply With Quote