Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-13-2017, 10:33 PM   #221
Collectorcol
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
You get taxed based on the value of the product. Reward point deduction doesn't factor into it.
Really? I've had three previous invoices ammended...

https://www.gov.uk/hmrc-internal-man...lues/gacv07050

GACV07050 - Exclusions from the customs value: discounts and allowances

An invoice will sometimes show a discount from the price payable for the goods. If the buyer and seller are not related any discount shown on the seller's invoice however described, is normally allowable when calculating the customs value.
Collectorcol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 10:36 PM   #222
Collectorcol

3.4 How do I arrive at the customs value?

You base it on the price actually paid or payable by the buyer to the seller for the goods. This means the total payment made or to be made by the buyer to or for the benefit of the seller for the imported goods.
Old 01-14-2017, 04:52 AM   #223
darren1228
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collectorcol View Post
Really? I've had three previous invoices ammended...

https://www.gov.uk/hmrc-internal-man...lues/gacv07050

GACV07050 - Exclusions from the customs value: discounts and allowances

An invoice will sometimes show a discount from the price payable for the goods. If the buyer and seller are not related any discount shown on the seller's invoice however described, is normally allowable when calculating the customs value.
My bad. I stand corrected.
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 05:56 PM   #224
Gatestar
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collectorcol View Post
3.4 How do I arrive at the customs value?

You base it on the price actually paid or payable by the buyer to the seller for the goods. This means the total payment made or to be made by the buyer to or for the benefit of the seller for the imported goods.
You have to watch out for this as I have got refund from UPS before when I have used my Sideshow points on the statue and they have charged me VAT for the full price because Sideshow have not given them the amended value.

You get charged VAT on what you paid not what the statue is worth.
Gatestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 12:56 PM   #225
Dirt Torpedo
The Thunderbolts

I had a huge row with Fedex as I had a statue almost free and they tried to hit me for the full amount of duty.
They backed down in the end but it's just too much arse ache to go through every time.
Dirt Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 08:32 AM   #226
Collectorcol

Just got my invoice.

Although the amount I paid was clearly shown and the Harmonized Code '9703' was used I still got charged 20% on the full retail value Meaning I was charged £102.08.

Why are Fed-Ex still ignoring the HC and charging 20% V.A.T?

Complaint made and waiting on investigation.
Old 01-19-2017, 08:39 AM   #227
looch
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Anyone had to do this with UPS ?

They do COD (Collection On Delivery) as opposed to sending a letter out after you've taken delivery. I have to pay £109 for Darkseid tomorrow morning and want to know wether I should just refuse to accept the statue or pay on the door and claim afterwards?
looch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 11:22 AM   #228
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by looch View Post
Anyone had to do this with UPS ?

They do COD (Collection On Delivery) as opposed to sending a letter out after you've taken delivery. I have to pay £109 for Darkseid tomorrow morning and want to know wether I should just refuse to accept the statue or pay on the door and claim afterwards?
UPS take payment by card (probably cash also) on delivery.
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 11:12 AM   #229
sparda
The Avengers

So I've been doing some research into Belgian customs and if SS actually were to use the 9703 code, it would mean that I'd only have to pay around 6% taxes, making it a lot more interesting for me to order directly from SS compared to a local store, concerning several pieces such as the IS Darth Vader (650$ compared tot 1050$...)

What I'd like to confirm via UK/EU based members is if SS notes the pieces as unique pieces or mass produced? The difference is quite important as it makes a difference of an additional 15% VAT... Also, if there is an issue with a piece, is shipping back to the US covered bij SS?
sparda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 11:21 AM   #230
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparda View Post
So I've been doing some research into Belgian customs and if SS actually were to use the 9703 code, it would mean that I'd only have to pay around 6% taxes, making it a lot more interesting for me to order directly from SS compared to a local store, concerning several pieces such as the IS Darth Vader (650$ compared tot 1050$...)

What I'd like to confirm via UK/EU based members is if SS notes the pieces as unique pieces or mass produced? The difference is quite important as it makes a difference of an additional 15% VAT... Also, if there is an issue with a piece, is shipping back to the US covered bij SS?
(today) I called FedEX and paid the full amount (import VAT 20% (£86.00) on Catwoman) then got to speak to a female who was very helpful.

Here's is what she had to say:

SideShow use a harmonized code that covers Reduced/Standard, which means it is up to customs to decide what to charge based on value of goods. It appears to be a bit of a grey area. If the charge is below £50 then usually FedEX will offer a goodwill refund. If the charge is over £50 then you have have to go through HMRC. She was aware of SideShow and recalls things changed about 4 years ago, and SideShow collectibles are not covered by the 5% rule. It is one of the those areas, you can make a claim, but it could be turned down.

I will make a claim, waste lots of paper and ink + postage. The system don't seem great. The ideal solution is to find a sender that can mark the item as a 'gift' thus pay zero import. The other solution is to ask the seller to send the goods marked at a much lower value (ideal for ebay items). The only downside is broken / missing items not covered by insurance.
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote