Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Hot Toys

Old 08-28-2011, 04:13 AM   #41
Fremen
Birds of Prey

Here's the other thing I picked up from Ikea today. I bought it mainly for my hot toys. I'll put two rows of them in with the back row on risers.

I put this dio in so you can see the size inside. Not too big, but not too small either.
It has a middle shelf but it's not big enough with the middle shelf in so I left it out.

What a ----- this thing was to put together. I've put a lot of Ikea stuff together but nothing as horrible as this. Even the instructions are screwed up at one point and when you realize it, it's too late and you have a lot to undo to get it to work.

Anyway, rant over.
Fremen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 05:21 AM   #42
demonhunter
Kingpin

SpawnX is one of the local kings of Hot Toys figures. Ever since teaching himself photoshop and photography skills, he had been taking a lot of great toy photographs, particularly of his Hot Toys collection.

Believe it or not, he started out as the king of Spawn action figures, having all sorts of series and hard to get collectors' club items. But ever since Hot Toys bursted onto the scene, he is more into HT now.

^^
demonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 10:25 AM   #43
premium_substit
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fremen View Post
Here's the other thing I picked up from Ikea today. I bought it mainly for my hot toys. I'll put two rows of them in with the back row on risers.

I put this dio in so you can see the size inside. Not too big, but not too small either.
It has a middle shelf but it's not big enough with the middle shelf in so I left it out.

What a ----- this thing was to put together. I've put a lot of Ikea stuff together but nothing as horrible as this. Even the instructions are screwed up at one point and when you realize it, it's too late and you have a lot to undo to get it to work.

Anyway, rant over.
Hey Fremen rly nice Frankenstein bust.. and I love that display cabinet.. perfect for some dio pieces.. might go to Ikea to get one.. sorry to be a nuisance but could you tell me the depth? Do they have bigger (taller) ones? Or just the name and i'll look it up
premium_substit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 11:34 AM   #44
Primal
Batman

Quote:

Anyway, rant over.
Arrgh! You have the Ursus piece I've been looking all over to get for a decent price. Congrats!
Primal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 02:16 PM   #45
Titanchuck
Cyclops
Adamantium Member

Quote:

Anyway, rant over.
Yeah I saw that at ikea I like it I just didn't like the flower design in the bottom
Titanchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 02:18 PM   #46
Fremen
Birds of Prey

Quote:
Originally Posted by premium_substit View Post
Hey Fremen rly nice Frankenstein bust.. and I love that display cabinet.. perfect for some dio pieces.. might go to Ikea to get one.. sorry to be a nuisance but could you tell me the depth? Do they have bigger (taller) ones? Or just the name and i'll look it up
I can't find the measuring tape :/ It's a little deeper then a detolf. I didn't see any bigger ones. It was 179 in Canada. Comes with a lock so you can lock your stuff up but I didn't use it.

Still waiting for War Machine pictures...
Old 08-28-2011, 02:20 PM   #47
Fremen
Birds of Prey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanchuck View Post
Yeah I saw that at ikea I like it I just didn't like the flower design in the bottom
I wish they had just used the whole thing for display space.
Old 08-28-2011, 02:29 PM   #48
Titanchuck
Cyclops
Adamantium Member

Well here's my first HT..I love it I know the pics are crappy but I used a camera phone and the poses aren't great but its my first I'll get beter at it and more patient

Titanchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 03:14 PM   #49
Mamba
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanchuck View Post
Well here's my first HT..I love it I know the pics are crappy but I used a camera phone and the poses aren't great but its my first I'll get beter at it and more patient

Congrats I also just got my first hot toys this weekend. Since you used to see 1:2 scale statue, I bet you feel this toy is extremely small So what do you think do you like hot toys? Are you gonna get some more?
Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 03:17 PM   #50
Mamba
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

My 1st Hot Toys Figure

Boy, I am having a lot of fun, I feel like I am a 6 years old again
Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote