Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches > Ron Lim

Old 07-18-2009, 12:57 AM   #21
khazano
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Thank you!!!
Old 07-18-2009, 10:12 AM   #22
Statue and Bust
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Thanks!
Old 07-18-2009, 11:42 AM   #23
patrickwm68
The Flash

Thanks Drew
Old 08-01-2009, 01:33 PM   #24
punisher129
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Any updates on this ?

---PUNISHER KILLS THE MARVEL UNIVERSE---
Old 08-01-2009, 06:42 PM   #25
goingbroke223
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Drew,
so how did this idea go over with Ron?
was just curious what you guys came up with?
Old 08-02-2009, 03:12 PM   #26
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

OK, spoke with Ron and sorted out some of the details.

1) Characters are going to be $100 each, no discount currently for multiple character pieces. That being said, he doesn't want to do more than 3 or 4 characters in a single piece right now. This is to be able to do as many pieces as possible for as many people as possible.

For those who requested Cover Recreations or Large Scale pieces, Ron is going to pass on these for now. If he manages to get through the smaller commissions in a good amount of time, I'll try to convince him to do them. It's all a matter of if he thinks he has the time to do them properly. He would rather not do them than not give them the attention they deserve.

2) For those that have asked for Galactus to be in a piece of some sort, Ron always keeps him in scale with the other characters in the piece. So, for a Galactus and Surfer piece, Galactus will usually be a "bust" shot in order to keep Surfer in scale. If you would like Galactus to be full figured, it would mean reducing the scale (and detail) of the Surfer. It will be your decision which way to go.

3) Ron will do a minimal background for free upon request. This equates to a planet in the background, a street corner, fire or water... something so it doesn't look like the character is floating in the middle of nowhere. For more detailed backgrounds, like lots of rubble/smoke, a destroyed car/tank, a building...an additional $50 will be charged. No backgrounds will be "cover quality". $50 won't get you an entire city scape, solar system or the lost city of Atlantis, but it will be more detailed and grander than a simple planet or street corner.

4) Ron's plan is to be able to begin these pieces this coming weekend. Payment will be sent to me, I will let Ron know payment is in and he will start the pieces. Once the piece is complete and being sent, I will give Ron the money. Ron plans to have pieces completed and delivered within 1 month of payment. Obviously, if I get multiple payments at the same time, this may not be 100% accurate. I would say to plan on 2 months time, with Ron trying for 1. If your piece should look like it's going to take longer than 2 months, you have the option of a full refund.

I think this should cover everything. As of now, I am going to close the request list until Ron and I get a sense of how quickly he can knock these out. I will PM everyone individually concerning their request to confirm totals, arrange for payment and give a tentative date for delivery. EVERYONE on the list now will be contacted over the next few weeks, so if I don't get to you immediately, don't panic. I will also contact the people who requested the larger/more detailed pieces just to keep you up to date. If you have any photo reference in terms of costumes or poses, please let me know when I PM you.

Thanks all.

-Drew
Old 08-02-2009, 03:17 PM   #27
Tattoo-X

I hope Ron attends ECCC soon. I don't know when I'll make it to WonderCon again.

Old 08-02-2009, 04:09 PM   #28
goingbroke223
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

sounds great drew. thanks for your help and hard work
Old 08-02-2009, 06:54 PM   #29
punisher129
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Thanks, Drew.

This is very cool of you to do !

---PUNISHER KILLS THE MARVEL UNIVERSE---
Old 08-02-2009, 06:56 PM   #30
Sinatra VonDoom
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.
Adamantium Plus Member

Very excited about this opportunity. Thanks for doing the leg work and making it happen.