Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 11-13-2009, 02:21 PM   #291
Spikecast
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Very nice pics, Amin!
Spikecast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 09:30 AM   #292
Savage
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

THE EATER OF WORLDS, THE MIGHTIEST OF ALL VILLAINS, THE MOST POWERFULL BEING IN THE UNIVERSE....... GALACTUS

He arrived today and he is perfect! Truly a grail! Thank you Sideshow for this awesome piece.
Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 12:06 PM   #293
Sanitarium84
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

collected mine today! had trouble inserting the right antenna, lotsa force + movement to insert it all the way in.. its like rubbing his ear for good luck or smthing.

Heavy as hell though this LSB, my 1st and one and only LSB
Sanitarium84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 04:47 PM   #294
Frinky
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Does somebody have a bust that does not have these issues. I never noticed these paint issues until an ebayer contcted me. He contacted SS and they said that these are factory paint flaws. I've contacted SS and i'll see what the response is, it's past the 30 day's so i'm pretty sure i'm sol.

Frinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 04:54 PM   #295
ThanosRules
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frinky View Post
Does somebody have a bust that does not have these issues. I never noticed these paint issues until an ebayer contcted me. He contacted SS and they said that these are factory paint flaws. I've contacted SS and i'll see what the response is, it's past the 30 day's so i'm pretty sure i'm sol.

Mine has them and so far every one of these I've seen has them as well. Just something we have to live with on this piece.

Even with these, I love this bust.
ThanosRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 05:17 PM   #296
pavehawk78
Hellfire Club

Those are not flaws....that is the way the piece is intended to look. All of them have it.
pavehawk78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 05:40 PM   #297
Frinky
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
pavehawk78
Those are not flaws....that is the way the piece is intended to look. All of them have it.
The email i received from the ebayer:

Quote:
Thank you for the pictures. I think this is a Sideshow Collectibles defect because I also have a two Galactus LSB’s that have the same exact paint quality issues on the blue collar and the ear barrels (see my attached pictures.) What edition is your Galactus LSB?

Please note that I showed my pictures of the paint flaws to Sideshow Collectibles Customer Service and the Returns Department and they confirmed to me that those paint issues are factory flaws. I asked Sideshow to replace them with clean paint job and they told me that I had to go through the vendor that I purchased it from, which happens to be xxxxxxxxxxx.com. In fact, I also reached out to another eBayer that has the Galactus LSB posted and he sent me pictures of his bust with the same exact flaws. That means that there are three of us that have the same paint flaws.

I am curious to know if Sideshow promised to replace yours without the paint flaws. If not, I wonder if all these statues are factory flawed. I think it is a good idea to post this issue on StatueForum.com to see if other collectors are having same problems with the Galactus LSB. I tried posting a reply in the following forum topic, but it would not let me because I have no posting privileges. Maybe you can?

Thanks for the pictures and confirming the Sideshow paint quality issue. I think we need to let our fellow collector know about this and make Sideshow replace these defective Galactus LSB because these statues are not cheap.

Thanks again.

The blue paint looks smooth, not speckled. When you look at the other pics posted at SS, it does'nt show any spots by the ear barrel's.

It's still a great bust. I took it off ebay because of these issues. If every single one is painted like this, it goes back up.

Frinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 05:47 PM   #298
lord odin
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:

I got two of them and they both look like that.
lord odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 06:48 PM   #299
pavehawk78
Hellfire Club

Quote:
The email i received from the ebayer:

The blue paint looks smooth, not speckled. When you look at the other pics posted at SS, it does'nt show any spots by the ear barrel's.

It's still a great bust. I took it off ebay because of these issues. If every single one is painted like this, it goes back up.

You are looking at a factory photo of a prototype. Everyone of these busts that I have seen (including my own) have these speckles. I think Sideshow decided to give the bust this finish after the prototype had been shown. Sort of like the Captain America LSB has a dirty brown finish on the blue scales to give it a "worn" look.
pavehawk78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 11:15 PM   #300
Spazzy
Hercules

mine have them. Doesn't look like a flaw, looks too completed.
Spazzy is offline   Reply With Quote