Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 07-19-2011, 10:37 PM   #801
docmario
I used up all my sick days, so I'm calling in dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
Soon....sooooooon
seriously???wow!!! thanks. i can see sub zero doing his "kameha-meha" style there
docmario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 10:40 PM   #802
docmario

oh btw if u guys will change the exclusive head to regular skull, will i be getting the same one too or not? cos i PO from Sideshow today alrdy
Old 07-19-2011, 10:45 PM   #803
docmario

i know fans dissapointed with the excl head..but to think about it, scorpion comes from HELL, and he shud be surrounded by flaming fire...well then tat makes Ghost rider then hmmm..i m confused now.

Nonetheless, i m getting the exclusive still. If i dun like the exl head..i ll use the regular head. Easy as a pie
Old 07-19-2011, 10:53 PM   #804
Andrew
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by docmario View Post
I know fans are disappointed with the exclusive head..but thinking about it, Scorpion comes from HELL and he should be surrounded by flames...so that makes him Ghost Rider?...I'm confused now.
...which he is not.
Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 10:58 PM   #805
WarMachine714
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Jerry just wanted to show an image on how Scorpion looks with his skull head. Hope it helps.

If you do resculpt it, try to make the flames surround the head. Make the flame on the top of his head short. Also I think it would look great if the flame is translucent. You can also try to get some of the lava paint on his face so it looks like the flames are going thru the skull as well. Just my opinions here.
WarMachine714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 11:00 PM   #806
Vracula
Jedi Order

what do you lads think of this?

Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 11:07 PM   #807
Sledge Hammer!
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Honestly I just don't think flames ever really work 100% sculpturally, fire is just too alive and too ever changing to capture in a frozen sculpted moment.

At best you get something that you can see is supposed to represent fire, but it never actually really looks like fire.

At worst, it looks like jam or melted wax or anything else and doesn't even sell the idea of fire.

It's just one of those things I guess. And as such, if can be avoided, probably should be in my opinion. Or at least, whenever possible, have other non-fire display options available.

And while I have faith that Jerry can tweak the fire head to look better, I personally don't think it'll ever look great, though I am open to be proven wrong. Other than that, a plain skull switch out I think would be a fine, and appreciated, alternative. And sometimes the simplest option really is the best.

Just my take anyhow.
Sledge Hammer! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 11:09 PM   #808
WarMachine714
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
what do you lads think of this?
^ better just without the red eyes. If it's possible, he can paint a bit of lava over the head like I mentioned before. That way the whole head can glow at dark.
WarMachine714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 11:11 PM   #809
Vracula
Jedi Order

its gonna be tough to please the fans on this ex head,best to have just a normal skull as the third head.
either way I am confident that Jerry will sort this out!

actually Yknow what I dont give a damn that statue is still coming home!
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 11:15 PM   #810
Sledge Hammer!
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
That was a great post and I dont disagree with anything.

Like Ive said Im not telling anyone they should like it if they dont.

As far as EX's, without going into private business details, I have to make a SS EX. Sometime there is nothing that I feel is a natural fit and I have to just find something and its especially difficult when Im not that familiar with the characters.

I would have happily just made a skull head, not much easier to make than a plain skull head, but I was told by others to make the flaming skull head.

I couldnt do a light up w Scorpion because the factory thats handling it doesnt have an electrical dept.

Im not defensive that people dont seem to like the variant head, Im frustrated that the Scorpion statue in his truest form, which is what I imagine most will display as, is being overshadowed by the negativity on the variant head.

However, since I made my point I am happy to see people actually mentioning the rest of the statue not just the variant head.

Anyway, as with Bison and Felicia, I do listen and now that I have some constructive input there will be changes made on the EX head. Just not sure what yet. Might be a plain skull, might be translucent flames. Will have to see.
Thank you for your honest and enlightening reply, and some of that information that you have shared and hinted at certainly puts a new spin on some things, and explains some of the hows and whys.

All I can really add is that I still have faith in this line, and much respect to you for your handling of it and interacting with the fans and trying to do your best to deliver that 'wow' piece that all fans wanted and hope for, it truly does make all the difference, and I greatly look forward to seeing what else you can come up with.
Sledge Hammer! is offline   Reply With Quote