Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugosival View Post
My Cinema premium formats ,,,

Wow, you have a lot of friends
KevinS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 06:11 PM   #1032
Ballsagne
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Hey I had a sorta random question thats a little inspired by the pics on the previous page with the statues by the computer. How much damage does it do, if any, to a statue to display it next to a TV? I wanted to display my PCS Scorpion on one side of my TV and the Sub Zero on the other. If it helps I can take a pic a little later
Ballsagne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 08:55 PM   #1033
pavehawk78
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
-you know where the pegs insert into the sides of the frame? (where the shelf sits on)
-between the pegs you can mount an additional piece of wood so that the shelf itself is not just resting on the pegs but also this for additional support
-if you mount a piece of formed metal (not flat) to the underside of the shelf it will help prevent the shelf from bowing (to a certain point, it would be better if you could find a way to attach it to both the shelf and the sides of the cabinet)
-hope that helps that's about the best I can do without pictures and I don't have any of these cabinets yet

right on, thanks bro do you have this set up or have you seen it done? im wondering how stable / secure the plexiglass would be without the inserts...?
I have the smaller pax but the doors I have are very similar to those. They came with rubber inserts to keep the glass panels secured tightly in the door frames. It doesn't look like these doors come with those rubber inserts but I would imagine if the plexiglass is loose in the frame you could use any rubber or foam to secure them tightly.
pavehawk78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 09:11 PM   #1034
MickKaine
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Has the displeasure of the collector community forced ikea to bring back the glass tombo doors yet?

The new glasvik with the huge trim could not be more useless.
MickKaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 09:28 PM   #1035
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballsagne View Post
Hey I had a sorta random question thats a little inspired by the pics on the previous page with the statues by the computer. How much damage does it do, if any, to a statue to display it next to a TV? I wanted to display my PCS Scorpion on one side of my TV and the Sub Zero on the other. If it helps I can take a pic a little later
How much heat does your TV generate for you to be concerned? I have two Sideshow resin statues displayed directly above my TV. I have and LED edge lit so it doesn't generate much heat at all.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 08:09 PM   #1036
psimon
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickKaine View Post
Anyone know any good non-ikea display cabinets or tables? Preferably in the Toronto area?
I make my own table displays and have the covers made here:

Dalbir Nandra - nanexplastics@bellnet.ca
Nanex Plastics Inc.
140 Finchdene Square, Unit 10
Scarborough, Ontario, M1X 1B1
Tel.: 416 298 1515

You can see some samples of my table displays here:

http://www.thedragonsden.ca/StarWars/Display_c.JPG
http://www.thedragonsden.ca/BIG_Wolf.jpg
psimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 08:15 PM   #1037
psimon
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by darb View Post
So I think this will work sorry for the washed out pic but if you look at the center besta it has a one piece full length door on it. Getting prices for tempered glass and hopefully the frame will hold the weight but I will find out soon enough.

Where did you get that one piece door? The frame looks just like the smaller 1/3 door frames.
Old 08-17-2014, 09:38 PM   #1038
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by psimon View Post
I make my own table displays and have the covers made here:

Dalbir Nandra - nanexplastics@bellnet.ca
Nanex Plastics Inc.
140 Finchdene Square, Unit 10
Scarborough, Ontario, M1X 1B1
Tel.: 416 298 1515

You can see some samples of my table displays here:

http://www.thedragonsden.ca/StarWars/Display_c.JPG
http://www.thedragonsden.ca/BIG_Wolf.jpg
Whoa whoa whoa...this is exactly what I need. And I just so happen to be exactly in toronto. Thank you good sir.

Perhaps you would be so kind as to share some details of your tables, pricing, etc..
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 10:07 PM   #1039
MickKaine
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nice Guy View Post
Whoa whoa whoa...this is exactly what I need. And I just so happen to be exactly in toronto. Thank you good sir.

Perhaps you would be so kind as to share some details of your tables, pricing, etc..
Let me echo the same! This is just what I am looking for as well and I too am in the Toronto area. As above I am also interested in pricing and further details.
MickKaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 10:48 PM   #1040
psimon
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nice Guy View Post

The Star Wars ship tables are black deep canvas frames http://www.canvasndecor.com/images/c...ater-frame.jpg screwed to a 3/4 inch particle board sheet with an acrylic mirror resting on the base (the clear cover rests on the mirror on the inside of the frame.) The legs are from Ikea but you can use any table legs.

My more recent tables do not use the frames as they can be expensive but instead I bought 1 inch wood trim, miter-cut the corners, glued and nailed them to the 1/3 board and painted them black. Then just drop in the mirror base and your figure and cover.

For the Wolf Predator Maquette, the finished table with legs cost about $25. The Acrylic cover was 37.5" tall X 30"wide X 25" deep at 1/4" thickness and cost $412.00. Yes the covers can be expensive but Nanex Plastics Inc was the best priced. Best to get a quote from them for your specific project before deciding if this form of display is best for you.

I hope that helped

Paul
http://www.thedragonsden.ca/