Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-30-2011, 11:05 PM   #171
anakin1138
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Unfortunately I don't share your optimism. Just because SS has the license doesn't mean you'll see PFs of the other girls. They are notorious for producing just the main character from certain movie licenses. Case in point - Hellboy. 2 films with a cast of characters that are the epitome of creative character design yet all they've ever done is represent the main character. Not once but twice. Other examples to draw comparison from - Pirates of the Caribbean, Alien(s) and The Terminator.

GG was smart with their SP line. They were up front at the Con that their intention was to do a line of statues by showing 3 of the girls as well as a zombie soldier. I think SS could learn a thing or two from that strategy.
This is true also and I definitely agree with you Hellboy... but as Darth Talon PF teach us, even an obscure characters, If she's a hot female, will sell... everyone is still waiting for Aayla Secura and Shaak Ti to be announced and we all hope they'll see birth (Aayla is a sure bet as the painted proto was showed at SDCC ths year)... my point is, If Babydoll PF will sell well and everything say so cause even we only have a preview, I see many people very interested and this is creating hype... If that will happen, Sideshow will produce the other girls, cause many will want to get Amber, Blondie, Sweet Pea and Rocket to have a complete set! It all depends on quality, If Babydoll and then Amber (or whatever will be the second girl) will be made for good, with attention to detail and top class quality control on production pieces, people will buy them all!
anakin1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 11:53 PM   #172
robomorph
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Wow, one googley eyed picture of a Babydoll PF and suddenly Sideshow will blow GG out of the water?
Well maybe only in terms of units produced. I can't see them making less than 1500 of these.
robomorph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 12:24 AM   #173
Nitefall
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Wow, one googley eyed picture of a Babydoll PF and suddenly Sideshow will blow GG out of the water?
The GG will be tough to match let alone beat. Course anything's possible.......even perfect eyes.
Nitefall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 01:36 AM   #174
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I agree, but it seems there are plenty of peeps here that are indicating that idea based on the one pic we've seen.

I'm definitely excited to see the full reveal, but the GG is pretty perfect, and I already see a major flaw in her face on this statue. Hopefully, it's just a bad angle, though.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 02:54 AM   #175
Dark Knight66
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

BD is going to be my first female statue.
Dark Knight66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 03:33 AM   #176
Nitefall
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
I agree, but it seems there are plenty of peeps here that are indicating that idea based on the one pic we've seen.

I'm definitely excited to see the full reveal, but the GG is pretty perfect, and I already see a major flaw in her face on this statue. Hopefully, it's just a bad angle, though.
That's what I'm hoping. Or maybe she'll be beautiful in her own way. Still kicking myself for not ordering her.
Nitefall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 09:33 AM   #177
Dark Knight66

The only thing I dont like about the GG one is she has not emotion in her face she just standing there plus she just standing there which is kinda boring.
Old 12-31-2011, 09:37 AM   #178
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight66 View Post
The only thing I dont like about the GG one is she has not emotion in her face she just standing there plus she just standing there which is kinda boring.
IE it captured the actress perfectly.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 09:40 AM   #179
Dark Knight66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
IE it captured the actress perfectly.
Lmao man ur crazy
Old 12-31-2011, 09:41 AM   #180
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Unless you are a 16 year old boy I cannot see how anyone could consider her sexy. She looked like a child to me.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote