Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-07-2019, 12:45 AM   #661
Thegreywizard
The Spirit

Not sure how I stumbled on this piece, but I'm glad I did as I do really like it. Plus with SS screaming deal right now and payment plan it makes this one basically a no brainer. I even have some SS reward points I could possibly redeem on this too if they let me stack it on top of their current coupon?

Lex wasn't even on the radar, but at that price and the size of it, I don't think I can miss out on it. I already planned on getting the XM Kingpin and could easily add a 1/4 masterpiece Joker for a Crime Boss Trinity display.

I was planning on a 1/3 Superman piece in my collection, but I do really like the Superman piece that is part of this duo collection, I just don't know if I want it to be my grail Superman, especially since I think this is 1/4 scale. However I still think I want to get it one day to pair with this perhaps.

I would have loved to get the EX, but am thinking about a small Superman cape wrapped around his fist would be awesome too and not make me feel bad for not having the EX kryptonite.

Has anyone done this yet and can suggest a high quality cape for this?
Thegreywizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 01:37 AM   #662
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Crikey this Lex statue is heavy, I guess it's SS revenge for people who have said their statues are to hollow

Overall Lex is a nice statue, probably the biggest nitpick is his skin is way to dark, looks like he's been vacationing in the Bahamas. Pose is also a bit weird, I guess SS vision is Lex basking in all his glory... but like people have said I doubt we will see another statue of him for a long time...

Fantastic setup! And Lex is definitely a workout to move. For all the love Superman statues get licensed and otherwise, I'm surprised this piece didn't sell out sooner. It's really one of Sideshow's best creations IMO.

I agree he has a serious tan going - my only gripe with an otherwise perfect statue - but it helps remembering he had a good tan in the animated series too.

gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 01:38 AM   #663
aa909
The Green Hornet

IMO One of sideshows best , very underrated.
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 07:14 PM   #664
craigcliff1
Zot

Yes I love this piece, heavy, solid, awesome colors, awesome sculpt,
craigcliff1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 07:29 PM   #665
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Exclusive back in stock and with free shipping... almost sold out...so hurry if u want it!
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 01:37 AM   #666
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
Exclusive back in stock and with free shipping... almost sold out...so hurry if u want it!
Amazing statue! Box is big and very heavy!
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 07:10 AM   #667
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
I wonder when this happens if these are returns or something.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 07:51 AM   #668
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

I can't believe this is still in stock. It's a great statue for the money. My only complaint with it is that he's got that Sideshow tan going on.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 12:58 AM   #669
gomur
The Tick

I'm highly critical of Sideshow's creations, but this one is close to perfect. Heavy as hell. Great pose and design. With all the Superman statues out there, licensed or fan art, the fact that his chief villain is still available is shocking. And if you can get an EX to boot with free shipping.... JUMP ON IT NOW. You won't be disappointed. One of my favorite Sideshow creations.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 05:26 AM   #670
Darkhumor
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
I wouldn't spend full price. Exclusives are going for around $250-$350 on auction and on Facebook. Really boggles my mind why people still keep paying these inflated prices. I'm pretty content with my collection, and am patient enough waiting for these new statues to hit the secondary market for absolute bargains. New Sideshow pieces don't hold their value anymore.
Darkhumor is offline   Reply With Quote