Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 03-16-2018, 04:12 PM   #1421
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
hammer with no blood looks so much better

what exactly did the people who ordered the bloody version pay more for, a crappier statue?

even though PCS delivered something different than what they advertised with the bloody hammer, I highly doubt they'd accept a return for that reason or exchange for a regular version, statue companies are a joke
It's all just another lesson to never Pre-Order.
You can either risk losing money on a disappointment or risk possibly paying more later on a sure thing.
It's not even a decision anymore.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 04:45 PM   #1422
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
It's all just another lesson to never Pre-Order.
You can either risk losing money on a disappointment or risk possibly paying more later on a sure thing.
It's not even a decision anymore.
I learnt my lesson already, I stopped buying statues ages ago, around when shao went up for pre-order. I'm done with this hobby and shady statue companies, I was just waiting for this statue to come out as this was the last one I pre-ordered, but this is the last statue I'll ever purchase, and once again being dissapointed by the final product (as always) this just reinforces my decision. Farewell statues, you will not be missed by me.
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 04:48 PM   #1423
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
I learnt my lesson already, I stopped buying statues ages ago, around when shao went up for pre-order. I'm done with this hobby and shady statue companies, I was just waiting for this statue to come out as this was the last one I pre-ordered, but this is the last statue I'll ever purchase, and once again being dissapointed by the final product (as always) this just reinforces my decision. Farewell statues, you will not be missed by me.
I have some I love love love but yeah we're all likely at some point to realize that thinking is the truth and the end of it.
Old 03-16-2018, 04:54 PM   #1424
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
I have some I love love love but yeah we're all likely at some point to realize that thinking is the truth and the end of it.
agreed. Statues are just things at the end of the day, id rather spend my money on enriching experiences or self betterment. I used to have an insanely big statue collection (2 bedrooms full) but I sold 3/4 of it a few years back and never regretted it. I kept my absolute favorite statues and I still have those, I'll probably hang on to those just cause they make my geek room look nice, but if anything i'd rather collect graphic novels and trading cards, I was into those well before statues became a thing, and i'd rather read a comic than stare at a piece of rock. I only kept kintaro and raiden from the klassic pcs line, time will tell if i'll keep shao kahn or not, I sold smoke, subzero, scorpion, reptile, mileena and jade and passed on the other klassics
Old 03-16-2018, 04:57 PM   #1425
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
agreed. Statues are just things at the end of the day, id rather spend my money on enriching experiences or self betterment. I used to have an insanely big statue collection (2 bedrooms full) but I sold 3/4 of it a few years back and never regretted it. I kept my absolute favorite statues and I still have those, I'll probably hang on to those just cause they make my geek room look nice, but if anything i'd rather collect graphic novels and trading cards, I was into those well before statues became a thing, and i'd rather read a comic than stare at a piece of rock. I only kept kintaro and raiden from the klassic pcs line, time will tell if i'll keep shao kahn or not, I sold smoke, subzero, scorpion, reptile, mileena and jade and passed on the other klassics
It's just a terrible business model with too many uncertainties and the customers are way too close to the companies' failures.
I'd way rather leave all this stress and risk to someone else just as Macaluso has.

And honestly none of us ever make so much money that there aren't better uses of it for ourselves and others than collecting a bunch of toys.
Old 03-16-2018, 05:00 PM   #1426
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
It's just a terrible business model with too many uncertainties and the customers are way too close to the companies' failures.
I'd way rather leave all this stress and risk to someone else just as Macaluso has.

And honestly none of us ever make so much money that there aren't better uses of it for ourselves and others than collecting a bunch of toys.
yeah you are right statues are stressful, gotta make sure they dont get damaged, gotta make sure they dont get dusty or too much sunlight, make sure they are stored correctly and they take up so much room. One knick or scratch or dent and they're pretty much worthless, just not a good or smart investment, especially with aftermarket these days, and its not a fun stress-free hobby. My favorite thing to collect are the marvel and DC trading cards, the ones from the 80's and 90's, like marvel universe, marvel masterpieces etc i've been collecting those since I was 5 years old and I still have them all! the newer cards are pretty meh though with a few exceptions, nothing is as good as it used to be lol
Old 03-16-2018, 05:07 PM   #1427
ryuhayabusa6787
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
hammer with no blood looks so much better

what exactly did the people who ordered the bloody version pay more for, a crappier statue?

even though PCS delivered something different than what they advertised with the bloody hammer, I highly doubt they'd accept a return for that reason or exchange for a regular version, statue companies are a joke
Click image for larger version

Name:	723E39EA-E353-4327-90CE-CB2137FC4BB2.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	162.1 KB
ID:	112326
ryuhayabusa6787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 05:09 PM   #1428
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuhayabusa6787 View Post
lol yeah that much is clear, there is no winning with statue companies...only...PAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

since this is my last statue Im not even going to bother to contact them and waste my time just for them to refuse to do anything, just going to be happy and relieved this is the last time I'll go through this dissapointment
Old 03-16-2018, 05:54 PM   #1429
Punisher_
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Just got mine today. Will show some pics.
Punisher_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 06:10 PM   #1430
Punisher_
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher_ View Post
Just got mine today. Will show some pics.
He is a beast. I forgot to display the other head and the light but here are some pics of the non bloody version. Wanna give a shout to Redsaleen
from the forums. He sold me his pre order transfer when this was sold out.
Punisher_ is offline   Reply With Quote