Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 07-11-2018, 05:25 AM   #241
Nebulhym
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
Crazy what’s the perfect Thor?? One that looks like he came from 1960s with polka dots on his costume . You won’t get it. Nobody is doing old looking costumes anymore
Yes, that would be a start. After all, that costume is still extremely iconic. The bowen ones look amazing and they have the polka dots and look like they're from the 60s.

Look at Cyclops, everyone wants and loves that cheesy outfit from the 90s and XM is doing it and it will sell because it is ICONIC. Cheesy and I personally hate it but there's no arguing that it is iconic.

Doing a modern or current costume well is quite lazy. Modernizing the 60s look and making it "current" looking is a challenge and therefore requires more work. But it is doable, very much so.
Nebulhym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 11:27 PM   #242
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Anyone else see the update on Facebook? It’s a bit cryptic, sounds like they say they’ll be providing an update by the 27th now.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 01:45 AM   #243
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
Anyone else see the update on Facebook? It’s a bit cryptic, sounds like they say they’ll be providing an update by the 27th now.
Yeah, this whole “pay us now and we’ll get back to you at our convenience” thing is probably not the best approach.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 12:10 PM   #244
Shaughn54
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Delayed response is usually not a good thing, but maybe they are trying to make a way to where they can make all the additional switch-outs.

makes me nervous that Storm only got a 420 ES for a popular character in an iconic costume, and this an artists take on a popular character with no iconic costume. Hope the NA market was able to push the POs high enough with the WW license. Really want to see this get made.
Shaughn54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 01:34 PM   #245
RyluzZ
Justice League

Already paid full for this one, gotta work out well
RyluzZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 01:45 PM   #246
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaughn54 View Post
Delayed response is usually not a good thing, but maybe they are trying to make a way to where they can make all the additional switch-outs.
Caleb said it has nothing to do with XM Studios.
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 03:21 PM   #247
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

I believe Caleb said this piece is getting made but outside of that there is no confirmation on hitting the extras number. So I think it is happening but maybe the question is what to do about the stretch goal of 500+?
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 04:38 PM   #248
Mister H
Gen 13

Well, any number over 500 and those folks get their money refunded. Maybe that’s it.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 10:57 PM   #249
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Well, any number over 500 and those folks get their money refunded. Maybe that’s it.
I'm actually thinking the opposite. Over 500 would be a win for them, but what about any number below? Do they pump out more pieces without an order behind it to hit the 500 mark and chance it? Nobody knows the real numbers or will know anyways. There are no checks and balances here, just business.
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 10:11 AM   #250
Lmgoes
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
I'm actually thinking the opposite. Over 500 would be a win for them, but what about any number below? Do they pump out more pieces without an order behind it to hit the 500 mark and chance it? Nobody knows the real numbers or will know anyways. There are no checks and balances here, just business.
But that would defeat the whole purpose of lowering risk for XM with the pre-order system, I suppose. My concern right now is that they didn't make a physical prototype, meaning they don't have any guidelines on how to paint the piece, and share those instructions with the artists that will be mass painting the statues. For all we know, we don't even know for sure if the 3D rendering is actually feasible as a 3D print (without unforeseen issues that is).
Lmgoes is offline   Reply With Quote