Name:	IMG_2326.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	376.3 KB
ID:	135768
Beckleyhimself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 02:53 PM   #33
Beckleyhimself
Frackin!

Sorry, can't figure out how to flip the images, but this is my first ECC purchase and I am very impressed
Beckleyhimself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 03:30 PM   #34
qz33
Doctor Doom

Thank you for pictures! Nice for sure. Glad you are pleased but so far glad I passed.

When this was announced it looked like it would all hinge on the the paint and comparing to the solicit pics it's missing a lot of pop.
For me this and Mohawk are tremendous let downs. I know a Steve Wang job is a tall order to match but my expectations can only be set by what I see.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 04:44 PM   #35
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Thank you for pictures! Nice for sure. Glad you are pleased but so far glad I passed.

When this was announced it looked like it would all hinge on the the paint and comparing to the solicit pics it's missing a lot of pop.
For me this and Mohawk are tremendous let downs. I know a Steve Wang job is a tall order to match but my expectations can only be set by what I see.
Although it still looks really good imo, they need to step up their game. Add some drool or at least make the mouth look wet. I haven't been impressed by one of their releases in a long time. I'm hopeful for the Pan maquette, but they may be my last purchase from them.

I forget, did you still have any of the Guyver busts?
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 06:24 PM   #36
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
Although it still looks really good imo, they need to step up their game. Add some drool or at least make the mouth look wet. I haven't been impressed by one of their releases in a long time. I'm hopeful for the Pan maquette, but they may be my last purchase from them.

I forget, did you still have any of the Guyver busts?
Yeah both Guyver and the Guyver Zoanoid. While those were much more simple paint apps I can still see the struggle even for as much as I like them.
It's always the paint. I remember Todd McFarlane talking about his figures and saying the cost wasn't about oil prices or manufacturing but the painting.

Yes it looks "good" but compare close to what they advertised.
The defined shapes on the ears. Crisp lines. Dark blacks. Against the proto this production looks like someone learning to airbrush.

It's not just CM though. No matter how non PC it is to say China's business culture is to try to get away with as much as possible. I had the biggest doubts for this and Mohawk because of the paint. PO'd Mohawk thinking he would be ECC's flagship piece but once I saw in hand pics I cancelled. I wanted to want this so bad that I'd be emailing Cinemaquette Monday and scouring eBay even for a premium. Not spending this kind of cash to be disappointed upon arrival from any company no matter how inflated the industry.
Old 01-03-2021, 11:32 AM   #37
Vader
Ghost

this bust was just over 1200 when ordered. can't get better than that for that price. the hulk and thanos are better busts, but they price at well over 2k
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 09:11 PM   #38
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader View Post
this bust was just over 1200 when ordered. can't get better than that for that price. the hulk and thanos are better busts, but they price at well over 2k
Umm yeah but no.

Those were silicone but still a far easier paint job with Hulk being basically 1 color and Thanos being purple and gold. Even this has glass eyes yes maybe some acrylic teeth with those but this too seems like it may have some acrylic teeth stuck in.

Regardless of price the issue is setting proper expectations. Don't show me the backside of a monster painting masterpiece then deliver the level of a Halloween shop mask.

Either charge what it takes to deliver what you show, or show what the price will deliver.
Have no interest in owning a collection of compromises no matter the "bargain".
Old 01-03-2021, 10:40 PM   #39
Vader
Ghost

I'm ok with a bargain. And to me this is still an amazing looking piece. Very difficult to deliver at the level of the prototype. It seems like a fair price for what it is and the low edition size. I would have preferred it at the prototype level, but still much nicer than most pieces of this size.

the original sideshow predator bust wasn't painted any better than this, and its still an incredible piece. I like it much better than most custom predator busts i've owned over the years.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	538.5 KB
ID:	135782  
Old 01-07-2021, 02:42 PM   #40
Vader
Ghost

https://www.youtube.com/watch?fbclid...ature=youtu.be