Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 03-12-2021, 08:47 PM   #81
gonk
Kotobukiya Rep
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatronG1 View Post
Terrible marketing by Kotobukiya. I heard somewhere it was exclusive to Amiami. Strange decision to make this one limited to 1500 where they are guaranteed to sell 4x as many.
So to clarify this was not an exclusive to Ami Ami, it is exclusive to Diamond Comics in North America.

This product was readily available for preorder for several months on various sites so one should expect it would begin to sell out as we get closer to launch.

This paint variation was always scheduled as an exclusive, so a run of 1500 -2000 pieces is normal.

If you're still looking for it you can purchase it directly from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Kotobukiya-DC...ef_=ast_sto_dp
Old 03-13-2021, 11:02 AM   #82
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonk View Post
So to clarify this was not an exclusive to Ami Ami, it is exclusive to Diamond Comics in North America.

This product was readily available for preorder for several months on various sites so one should expect it would begin to sell out as we get closer to launch.

This paint variation was always scheduled as an exclusive, so a run of 1500 -2000 pieces is normal.

Thanks! Just preordered.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 03:53 PM   #83
MegatronG1
The X-Men

My point still stands. A <2000 run getting mostly allocated to such a "retailer" is enough reason to pass on not only this product but on all. I have many things to choose from today with a handful of retailers still hanging on that need my support.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 12:43 AM   #84
AC_808
Hercules

Anyone know if the difference in color is for real here?

In the pic below, it looks like the color on the green-skin variant is muted compared to the first one. Particularly her hair. The color on the first one is more vibrant.

Got the pic from here:
http://en.kotobukiya.co.jp/kotoblog/...y-bishoujo-le/

The variant still looks really good. Just wished her hair is just as red as the first one.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 01:45 AM   #85
WhistlingTime
Birdman

I'd imagine what you see there is what you're getting.

The page you linked to specifically notes the different expression and colour variations on the hair and base:
Quote:
The vivid red hair which can be seen in the standard Poison Ivy Returns BISHOUJO Statue has been slightly toned down to a less saturated color, reminiscent of a plant as it starts to wither.
WhistlingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 01:59 AM   #86
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

WTF is up with the hands on the regular version? Aren't they supposed to be skin tone since the long gloves obviously end at the leafy seam around her wrist? That would drive me crazy. Thankfully, the variant looks like it was painted correctly.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 02:09 AM   #87
WhistlingTime
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
WTF is up with the hands on the regular version? Aren't they supposed to be skin tone since the long gloves obviously end at the leafy seam around her wrist? That would drive me crazy. Thankfully, the variant looks like it was painted correctly.
People did think that was odd with the regular. It was always that way, though - even on the concept art.

And, even on this limited one, I think you'll find that the green of the hands still more closely matches her arms/torso than the muted green skin.
WhistlingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 02:19 AM   #88
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhistlingTime View Post
People did think that was odd with the regular. It was always that way, though - even on the concept art.

And, even on this limited one, I think you'll find that the green of the hands still more closely matches her arms/torso than the muted green skin.
Yes, it still looks odd on the variant as well, just MUCH less noticeable. How dumb. The hands clearly show long fingernails. They should be skin color with painted nails.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 10:36 PM   #89
Josado
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonk View Post

Wow, they took down the listing!
Josado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 07:20 AM   #90
Raven_Roth
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I wish they would make those strands of hair on top of the head optional. She looks so much better without them.
Raven_Roth is offline   Reply With Quote