Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 02-24-2024, 03:41 PM   #221
Saulutations
Fantastic Four

It happened to me. Take a bunch of pictures and send them an email as quickly as you can. WETA sent me the replacement statue as soon as they received the pictures and I remember it arriving really quickly. Their customer service is stellar.
Saulutations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2024, 03:43 PM   #222
Saulutations
Fantastic Four

That's incredible that people were able to get this statue for $500! Such a great deal for this piece!
Old 02-26-2024, 12:50 AM   #223
Darkcross
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saulutations View Post
It happened to me. Take a bunch of pictures and send them an email as quickly as you can. WETA sent me the replacement statue as soon as they received the pictures and I remember it arriving really quickly. Their customer service is stellar.
Thanks I sent them an email with pics Friday, time zone wise they were open today but haven?t heard back. Will follow up tomorrow.
Darkcross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 02:44 PM   #224
Saulutations
Fantastic Four

Hopefully they will send you the replacement statue soon.
Old 03-01-2024, 05:09 PM   #225
Darkcross
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saulutations View Post
Hopefully they will send you the replacement statue soon.
Thanks, communication has been really slow with them. They wanted me to destroy the statue and send pics which I did Wednesday but no response yet. Looks like I need to wait until next week for a response or shipment.
Old 03-02-2024, 03:49 PM   #226
Saulutations
Fantastic Four

They didn't ask me to destroy the broken one I received anymore than how it arrived. The flapping pieces from the trench coat were in pretty bad shape, though. I have plans to do something with that base but I just haven't gotten around to it. I also want to further weather the extra goggles's down head as well as have someone redo the eyes on the extra Batfleck head.
Either to painting them them to look forward or whiting them out completely. Having 3 spare hands also helps in case one of them breaks.
Old 03-18-2024, 02:30 PM   #227
Darkcross
The Spirit

Such bad luck with this piece, my replacement arrived with a trench coat break. This time I just used epoxy to glue together and reached out to Weta for compensation as they said in there previous email they would only send 1 replacement.

Would just like to warn collectors of this in case you buy from a private party or are attempting to sell, maybe a small piece of soft foam between the two parts of the coat would help.

Will have a video review up this week.

Old 03-18-2024, 02:44 PM   #228
nearmint
Phoenix

Sheesh. Sorry that happened to you. If I ever sell mine, I think I'll do in-person pick-up only.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 03:10 PM   #229
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkcross View Post
Such bad luck with this piece, my replacement arrived with a trench coat break. This time I just used epoxy to glue together and reached out to Weta for compensation as they said in there previous email they would only send 1 replacement.

Meaning if the second one breaks they still give you the option of return for full refund, I hope.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 03:18 PM   #230
Darkcross
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Meaning if the second one breaks they still give you the option of return for full refund, I hope.
Right refund or compensation. I'm opting for compensation since I don't want to deal with a private party if this happens during shipping. Missed a few sales on FB, i wonder how those arrived.